• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    Funny story.

Years ago we went by Walter's Gun Chamber. We were well known there, but there were some new employees.

Wife went to the counter, I walked to the back to chat with Dan, the owner. Ernest young guy comes up to wife and smiles and asks if there is something particular she is looking for. She tells him a nice ladies gun. So he starts to show here .380s and .38s, Lady Smiths, etc. He realizes that she is not interested in these.

So he asks, is there a specific pistol she is interested in. She says, "Yes, I was thinking a Para Ordnance P14 .45 steel frame."

The expression on his face was PRICELESS. Dan and I break up laughing. And the sales guy turns to us and gives us a very nasty look.

But she did order (was not in stock) the Para. :)

Lmao that's awesome! I love when I go to the range and all the guys drool over my gun and not me! It's alwasy fun when I walk up open my case and see their expression. Most of them know me by now as the girl who bought the Spartan they all were drooling over

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    My wife and I went to the range, she loves it, but I think if we found more couples that likes to shoot, she would go more often...and agree with the rest of what you said, my wife isn't a member here...

Oh and welcome!

Me and my husband are always looking for people to shoot with! Iv only ever been with one other girl to the range and that's when I took my younger sister it be nice to have someone who at least knows a little something!

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    My wife became an NRA instructor for "Women On Target" (WoT) (which is basically 'NRA first Steps' and 'Basic Pistol') and three times this year we have participated in an WoT event for a group of about 20 women or so. I play line coach for the practical shooting portion of it.
    We regularly bring out new shooters to the range and so far have planted the shooting bug in the babysitter and her mom, the grandmother next door, and several friends.

We live in the BelAir area and shoot at Delta.

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    My wife became an NRA instructor for "Women On Target" (WoT) (which is basically 'NRA first Steps' and 'Basic Pistol') and three times this year we have participated in an WoT event for a group of about 20 women or so. I play line coach for the practical shooting portion of it.
    We regularly bring out new shooters to the range and so far have planted the shooting bug in the babysitter and her mom, the grandmother next door, and several friends.

We live in the BelAir area and shoot at Delta.

I would LOVE to take some classes and become more knowledgeable just gotta find the time for it!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Yup, this. My wife loves guns and shooting, but she spends her Internet time in Facebook;)

Same here :D

Funny story.

Years ago we went by Walter's Gun Chamber. We were well known there, but there were some new employees.

Wife went to the counter, I walked to the back to chat with Dan, the owner. Ernest young guy comes up to wife and smiles and asks if there is something particular she is looking for. She tells him a nice ladies gun. So he starts to show here .380s and .38s, Lady Smiths, etc. He realizes that she is not interested in these.

So he asks, is there a specific pistol she is interested in. She says, "Yes, I was thinking a Para Ordnance P14 .45 steel frame."

The expression on his face was PRICELESS. Dan and I break up laughing. And the sales guy turns to us and gives us a very nasty look.

But she did order (was not in stock) the Para. :)

Yeah, upending sexism is kinda fun at gun shows when vendors start off trying to sell my wife a .22 "to learn and get started on" :lol2: Depending on his tone, she has polite or snarky ways of saying, "Dude, I shoot three gun and my AR is way more tricked out that anything on your table" :party29:

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Marry her

I plan on it, just need a decent career/stable source of income first.

She likes shooting and I've even gotten her thinking about concealed carrying if we move out of this state. No way I could convince her to sign up on a gun forum though lol

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Wife had started shooting at 8yo, and outshot her older brother.

The day we got married, in the way to have lunch where we had first date, we stopped into a now defunct gun and coin store. I bought her a Colt Cobra. Of course she already had a .41 magnum. And we'd already been deer hunting to WM.

So no, I never had to convert the wife. She had to convert me to TWH.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    My GF just bought a Walther CCP for HD loaded with HST and is a member of this forum, but does not post lol like all the other guys here. She also loves shooting my stag arm 3tm rifle and walther ppq m2 Navy. She hates all my other rifles and yes I supply her with all her ammo.

Presumptuous

Awesome Member
    Aug 17, 2016
    Suburbia
    My wife became an NRA instructor for "Women On Target" (WoT) (which is basically 'NRA first Steps' and 'Basic Pistol') and three times this year we have participated in an WoT event for a group of about 20 women or so.

My wife did a Women on Target class at the end of October at AGC, and loved it! She registered for her HQL class right after.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    If you don't want to hear a very sarcastic "cupcake" from my wife, don't be trying to sell her something pink or purple!!!

Her last intended purchase, a Walther 9mm, turned into a ATI Fatboy .45 ACP.

In the highly unlikely event she misses with the ten .45s, she'll just beat you to death with it.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Lmao that's awesome! I love when I go to the range and all the guys drool over my gun and not me! It's alwasy fun when I walk up open my case and see their expression. Most of them know me by now as the girl who bought the Spartan they all were drooling over

We became NRA instructors due to the number of women we knew, who knew we shot and wanted to learn. A couple of them became pretty serious shooters. They both told of going to the range and getting a lots of attention from the guys.

Then they would run a target out to max for the range, shoot, pull the target back in, and the guys would look, and move away. :)

I told them to shoot badly if they wanted the guys to stick around. :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think if more women actually gave it a shot they would be pleasantly surprised how fun it is! I had no idea how much id enjoy shooting and since then have only wanted to learn more, figured this would be a good place for that! I'm sure alot of woman stay off of here bc it is prominently men and sometimes in a man's world you gotta have thick skin.

When we were instructing, we taught a large number of women. And it was always the same when it came to the range time.

We would start them with a .22 semi auto. They would fire the first round, and get a puzzled look. They would fire a second round, and get more puzzled looking.

They would fire the third round, turn with a BIG smile on their face and say, "This is FUN."

DUH, we do this and spend all this money because we HATE IT. :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Me and my husband are always looking for people to shoot with! Iv only ever been with one other girl to the range and that's when I took my younger sister it be nice to have someone who at least knows a little something!

Where in MD are you?

Maybe we could arrange an MDS couples shoot.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Where in MD are you?

Maybe we could arrange an MDS couples shoot.

That would be awesome. My wife discovered at the Dottrio event that she has an interest in shooting AR-15's. I'd love for her to meet some of the wives who shoot regularly.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    A couples shoot sounds like a lot of fun. I got my wife the T shirt below at a gun show as a gag gift but she's actually worn it to the range a few times.
    If you do a net search of "shoot like a girl t shirt" you'll turn up many other variations.

Attachments

• IMG_2044s.JPG
      IMG_2044s.JPG
      36.5 KB · Views: 358

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    A couples shoot sounds like a lot of fun. I got my wife the T shirt below at a gun show as a gag gift but she's actually worn it to the range a few times.
    If you do a net search of "shoot like a girl t shirt" you'll turn up many other variations.

Love it! Hubby has a shirt similar to this one that he actually wears

Attachments

• images-2.jpeg
      images-2.jpeg
      4.1 KB · Views: 364
    That is one reason I LOVE that all our dates include shooting so I don't have to listen to him and I only say that bc I'm sure he feels the same about me then afterwards we go for drinks so then having to spend alone time with him involves alcohol!

Leeann should chime in now that you're talking her language.
    I'm just busting her chops because she posts frequently in the "What are you drinking tonight" thread in the Water Cooler. Siggirl, the Water Cooler will soon become visible to you. A lot of shenanigans take place there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom