Votes: 27 44.3%
    • CZ Scorpion

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    If Merlin593 replied about this I missed it. The biggest question is do you intend to get a tax stamp?

I wanted to learn about the pros and cons of each and the feedback I have received so far has pretty much convinced me that the Scorpion is the way to go. Thanks guys!
    Suppressing was not a necessity as much a luxury. But if I want to suppress the gun down the road, the CZ is the winner for sure.

The video from MAC was very helpful too in pointing me towards the CZ.

One other positive feature that stood out to me is that no riser is needed for an optic on the Scorpion but is required on the AR. Helps keep the overall profile a little slimmer.

Working out the deal this week on the CZ. Will hopefully be able to provide some first hand range reviews once its all put together.

Best,
    Jim

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I wanted to learn about the pros and cons of each and the feedback I have received so far has pretty much convinced me that the Scorpion is the way to go. Thanks guys!
    Suppressing was not a necessity as much a luxury. But if I want to suppress the gun down the road, the CZ is the winner for sure.

The video from MAC was very helpful too in pointing me towards the CZ.

One other positive feature that stood out to me is that no riser is needed for an optic on the Scorpion but is required on the AR. Helps keep the overall profile a little slimmer.

Working out the deal this week on the CZ. Will hopefully be able to provide some first hand range reviews once its all put together.

Best,
    Jim

I should have been more specific. Do you plan to get a tax stamp for SBR? I'm personally not a fan of these "Pistols" (Scorpion, mini/micro Draco, Sig 556 pistol, etc.) unless you plan to add a stock. Might just be me but trying to shoot the Scorpion while holding it out in front of you is very much a PITA and not very accurate at all. Add a stock and the Scorpion is great.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    I should have been more specific. Do you plan to get a tax stamp for SBR? I'm personally not a fan of these "Pistols" (Scorpion, mini/micro Draco, Sig 556 pistol, etc.) unless you plan to add a stock. Might just be me but trying to shoot the Scorpion while holding it out in front of you is very much a PITA and not very accurate at all. Add a stock and the Scorpion is great.

No stock (at this time) - I am planning on getting the KAK super sig tube and a Thordsen cheek saddle for it.

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    if you build a 9mm ar it will not be cheaper, unless you run the cheapest parts possible... but a magwell adapter is 200 ish from Hahn precision, lower 125? barrels are in the hundreds bolt is around 200 mags 30 plus a piece, hand guard, how ever much you like to spend... so on... or a scorpion for 820.000 then optic if you like stock or buffer kit whatever floats your boat.... but I assure you building a quality 9mm ar pistol or rifle is not cost efficient when compared to a scorpion... I know this because before the scorpion was a gun owners wet dream I built a 9mm ar pistol.... it is not a cheaper way to go... the scorpion blows the 9 mm ar build out, and kills the mpx hands down in cost.... all three are great fun guns.. but all three are not even in the same field in cost....

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    if you build a 9mm ar it will not be cheaper, unless you run the cheapest parts possible... but a magwell adapter is 200 ish from Hahn precision, lower 125? barrels are in the hundreds bolt is around 200 mags 30 plus a piece, hand guard, how ever much you like to spend... so on... or a scorpion for 820.000 then optic if you like stock or buffer kit whatever floats your boat.... but I assure you building a quality 9mm ar pistol or rifle is not cost efficient when compared to a scorpion... I know this because before the scorpion was a gun owners wet dream I built a 9mm ar pistol.... it is not a cheaper way to go... the scorpion blows the 9 mm ar build out, and kills the mpx hands down in cost.... all three are great fun guns.. but all three are not even in the same field in cost....

+1

I was in the middle of an AR pistol build when the CZ came out. I already had $800 plus in it without an upper, hand guards, heavy buffer or magazines. CNMG 9 lower, 5" barrel, CNMG BCG, buffer tube, trigger group. Stopped work on the 9AR and bought the CZ.

Now, if they offer the new 16" barrel as a separate part (they've already announced the new forend will be available for pistol users) then I'm golden for an SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom