• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Good price but Midway will ding you for shipping. I paid about $150 for two of them through Amazon Prime a couple months ago which is close to the total $ at Midway with shipping. These are great cases for the $.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

I've never tried that one but it looks more flimsy than the Plano. Sort of like the free plastic cases you often get with rifles.

We should probably ask what are your plans for the case? For range trips the Plano is great. If you are going to fly much I'd opt for the Pelican but that is closer to $200. If you want a decent case for $25 I'd go with something like this:

Midway Padded Case

I often carry an AR broken down in a similar padded case. Case has a divider and you can put the lower half on one side and upper on the other. Doesn't scream rifle as much as a full case but doesn't protect as well either.

Last edited:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Midway will ding you for shipping, but Walmart won't. Wait, did I say Walmart? Why.... Yes I Did.....

They have Plano and Pelican cases. And all you have to do, is ask that it be delivered to the nearest store. Which, are pretty much everywhere. ;)

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    This looks a lot like the ones walmart had about a year and a half ago. Remember the red handle vs yellow handle issue? But those were awesome cases! I got a red handle one for 59.99! Love it!

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    im pissed.. as soon as my case got delievered today and I actually got to fall in love with it hands on and decide to jump on another one for $59.... price is back up to $119

I dont feel like spending $79 shipped on Amazon when I just spent $59... lol

thanatron

MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2012
    I bought 4 of the Plano cases with the yellow handle from Walmart a few years ago during Christmas.. I paid around $40 for them each and they are awesome. I have not seen them that cheap recently though.

Walmart has next day pickup options also if you purchase online.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    I bought 4 of the Plano cases with the yellow handle from Walmart a few years ago during Christmas.. I paid around $40 for them each and they are awesome. I have not seen them that cheap recently though.

Walmart has next day pickup options also if you purchase online.

Does Walmart even sell them any more? And I suppose they aren't cheap any more! Back then, I had gotten the red handle rifle case for 59.99 and the yellow handle pistol case for 29.99. Those were awesome as hell prices!

thanatron

MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2012
    Does Walmart even sell them any more? And I suppose they aren't cheap any more! Back then, I had gotten the red handle rifle case for 59.99 and the yellow handle pistol case for 29.99. Those were awesome as hell prices!

yeah Walmart definitely sells them still.. price is about the same when i got mine but they were marked down a lot for the holiday.. what was really odd was they were physically at the Glen Burnie walmart and another in Laurel (ive only seen the cheaper plano cases for sale in store)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom