• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Never said it was a baby sized house. Just that it is a baby sized lot. She is the minimum distance from the neighbor behind her, which if I had to guess would be somewhere around 10 feet. Way too close to that fence for my liking. The steps to her front door lead right down to the street. She is on a corner lot, and if they built a garage on the house there would be very little grass left.

Then again, maybe I am used to 2 acres and everything else is small. At my other sister's house in Chevy Chase, the driveway runs between the sunroom and the neighbor's retaining wall. I can barely squeeze my truck through to get to the parking pad in the back of the property.

whew, that would not work for me. The property/garage is more important than the house :lol2:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    whew, that would not work for me. The property/garage is more important than the house :lol2:

That would not work for me either. However, my brother in-law has a brother that owns a garage in Annapolis just a couple blocks from their house. So, he does not have to work on vehicles, etc. However, he does do some work around the house. No idea where he keeps the tools because they only have the HVAC room in the basement for storage. They don't even have a shed.

Maybe that is why they are working on building a monstrosity a couple blocks down from them on a 2 acre lot on the water.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    You really want to stay here after retirement?

I am only still here because I have kids in school. Once they are done, I am done with this state.

Same here, pretty much. If it were a true retirement house and I had a total investment of 400K, I'd buy something small, new, where taxes are low and people leave you the hell alone. Opposite of MD.

Me too. I'd want a large garage, decent property.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Never said it was a baby sized house. Just that it is a baby sized lot. She is the minimum distance from the neighbor behind her, which if I had to guess would be somewhere around 10 feet. Way too close to that fence for my liking. The steps to her front door lead right down to the street. She is on a corner lot, and if they built a garage on the house there would be very little grass left.

Then again, maybe I am used to 2 acres and everything else is small. At my other sister's house in Chevy Chase, the driveway runs between the sunroom and the neighbor's retaining wall. I can barely squeeze my truck through to get to the parking pad in the back of the property.

If I were a zillonaire..................:) How much could ALL OF West Virgina be bought for?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    The OP must be a dedicated Marylander to be nearly 50, and be inclined to spend at least 1/4 million and the stress of dealing with Maryland home improvement nonsense.

I have a lot of family in WV, and if I was the OP, you could easily find 50 acres and a habitable house there for what you would spend here. Im being conservative on the acres

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The OP must be a dedicated Marylander to be nearly 50, and be inclined to spend at least 1/4 million and the stress of dealing with Maryland home improvement nonsense.

I have a lot of family in WV, and if I was the OP, you could easily find 50 acres and a habitable house there for what you would spend here. Im being conservative on the acres

OP could divorce his wife who doesn't want to leave and he move out of state alone. :D

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Not going to rock the marriage boat, hard to imagine even the most diehard "stay here's" won't entertain the idea of at least exploring elsewhere for retirement

Either way, you got a good amount of space there.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    If they pass the Hero's Tax Benefit... even that is not going to change many minds...

so what ever happened with this?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    What happened with the hero tax benefit?

Hogan wants to give retirement income for military and 1st responders a pass on income taxes. Similar to the surrounding states. He is going to start with military to begin with, then move onto police and fire. That is the last I heard. Don't know where it has gone thus far.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hogan wants to give retirement income for military and 1st responders a pass on income taxes. Similar to the surrounding states. He is going to start with military to begin with, then move onto police and fire. That is the last I heard. Don't know where it has gone thus far.

Not sure what that has to do with me asking for a contractor? I am 7 years out from retirement as an LEO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom