• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Saw these and very tempted to get one:

http://www.southernohiogun.com/remington-870-12ga-magnum.html

1. Do i really need it? Already have maybe 7 or 8 other shotguns including a mossberg 535 with a short turkey barrel but no Remington 870

2. Are these a good price? My hunch is yes, but I'm no pro on home defense shotguns.

3. Which to buy? 20" barrel worth $10 over the 18" barrel? Adjustable sights worth it? I don't think I like the adjustable M4 stock.

As always, thanks in advance

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Only thing I don't like is the synthetic furniture. I've got a well-loved police turn-in with wood furniture and a super-smooth action. Worth it to keep looking, IMO.

And it's a shotgun. Adjustable sights are a pointless novelty.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You probably don't need it, but I won't tell your wife that. Barrel length is your preference. 18" and 20" are ballistically the same. Adjustable sights make sense on a slug gun. Since these are smooth bore, not rifled, you probably don't care about the adjustable sights.

Price looks really good. Of course, there's no telling how beat up these really are without seeing them in person. And another member here just got screwed by these same guys on a Beretta. It looks awful, with vise jaw marks on the slide. And he paid extra for "hand-pick". It's your call.

VTHokies

Aug 26, 2016
    Bel Air
    I just bought one from South Carroll Sporting Goods with wood furniture a couple weeks ago. I've shot it twice since just for fun, and no complaints. Its a solid reliable shotgun. I believe they just got some more in if you are looking to purchase.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I'm sure they are referring to rifle sights as "adjustable sights"....my 2 cents is- I love them, with good slugs they are point of aim, point of impact.....when you shoot a beaded shotgun the POA is much higher.....I always go for the rifled sights....

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I'd hold out for a wood stock model. I have an LE trade 870 with wood and a 20" rifle sight barrel that I paid $300 for awhile back. Shoots well and has some character to it too.

mtbiker

Dec 31, 2016
    SoMd
    I was very tempted on these as well. I decided against it b/c I didn't want to take a chance on the condition. Read a couple bad experiences online about SOG.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just buy one from South Carroll Sporting Goods. By the time you pay shipping and transfer with the SOG guns, you are close to the SCSG price, and these are freshly refinished.

Attachments

• IMG_7541.jpg
      IMG_7541.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 228
    • IMG_7536.jpg
      IMG_7536.jpg
      87.6 KB · Views: 253

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Just buy one from South Carroll Sporting Goods. By the time you pay shipping and transfer with the SOG guns, you are close to the SCSG price, and these are freshly refinished.

Yep. Nothings beats being able to inspect in person before making the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom