• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I disagree with item 6. I have 8 NR permits and NONE of them required a home state permit first.

In fact, NH just dropped their requirement due to a court order and a NH NR permit allows carry in PA.

And UT only requires a home state permit if your home state recognizes UT. Clearly not the case in MD.

Just my opinion based on my exp[experience.

Attachments

• permit.JPG
      permit.JPG
      15.9 KB · Views: 533

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I disagree with item 6. I have 8 NR permits and NONE of them required a home state permit first.

In fact, NH just dropped their requirement due to a court order and a NH NR permit allows carry in PA.

And UT only requires a home state permit if your home state recognizes UT. Clearly not the case in MD.

Just my opinion based on my exp[experience.

Yeah, several things in at article weren't correct and the proofreading was a little lacking, but the general idea was good.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I just didn't want people who read the article to be discouraged. Clearly a home state permit is NOT required to get any of of the NR permits we in MD can obtain.

And with MD not recognizing UT, none of the states he mentioned require one. He got the UT requirement half right, but he left out the important part that allows MD residents to get a UT permit

An important distinction in my opinion.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here is my list of NR permits MD residents can get without a home state permit. Please feel free to add if you are aware of others. They all have varying training requirements and fees but having a home state permit is not one of them.

AZ
    UT* (MD has no reciprocity so no home tate permit required)
    FL
    VA
    CT
    ME
    NH (changed by NH SC decision)
    NV
    TX

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Here is my list of NR permits MD residents can get without a home state permit. Please feel free to add if you are aware of others. They all have varying training requirements and fees but having a home state permit is not one of them.

AZ
    FL
    VA
    CT
    ME
    NV
    TX

which one of these is even the most beneficial/ least pita to get these days?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    where do you want to carry? If you want to carry in FL you need the FL permit. UT has great reciprocity for 32 states last I counted. You must take a UT specific class from a UT certified instructor.

FL accepts an NRA Pistol cert or a Hunter Safety Cert. Fl. requires live fire except for the Hunter Safety certificate.

the other vary in fees and training.

you can check reciprocity and other info here

www.handgunlaw.us
    www.usacarry.com

Permitless carry states (Constitional carry)

Alaska
    Arizona
    Kansas
    Maine
    Mississippi
    Vermont
    West Virginia

Wyoming (residents only)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To mainly echo Swinkour, Va is easiest to initially aquire, but renewals are expensive. Utah has very inexpensive renewals, and certified Utah instructors are all around, including several IP's and forum regulars, and the classes are widely available. Fla will get the nod if you plan to visit actual Fla .

If Pa is prime importance to you , NH is the only easy option. At that point, the discussion becomes which two permits you want.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep, TX requires you to take a class in TX from a TX certified instructor. Not even close when NH is your other option.

The only 2 NR permits PA honors are TX and NH.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I think you'll find NH is actually the easiest to acquire. Fill out the form and send it with a check, then watch the mail for your permit.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    PA take a NH non res? Trump is correct, too much crap to navigate. We need a Federal reciprocity bill Day one.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    UT recognized in more states that pretty much any other we can get.

FL required for FL.

VA recommended (VA recognizes UT non-res), due to some issues with GFSZ.

NH is easiest to get and recognized by PA.

TX requires a trip to TX. Does not add anything with UT and NH.

NV requires trip to NV, but you can go to Vegas, take one day and get a permit. Only non-res that MD res can get that is recognized by NM.

CT required for CT, but I just avoid the North East. :)

We did a UT course with Duke's Defense. It was also good for FL and VA. He did fingerprints and photos for UT. Had packets with apps and fingerprint cards and instructions for FL and VA. And he is a few doors down from 2A. :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also number 8, fingerprints are not hard to get, at least in MD.

We did ours at Bel Air MVA. They can sign as a LEO for those fingerprints that require that.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Nice post & article. I'm planning on a Utah out-of-state, but I'm not kidding myself: I doubt it carries much weight, especially in the People's Republic of MD.

Utah is great and is recognized in a lot of states :thumbsup:

But just to clarify on your second point: A Utah permit carries absolutely zero weight in MD.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

AZ
    FL
    VA
    CT
    ME
    NV
    TX

You forgot the District of Columbia. I know, technically not a state, more of it's own little cesspool....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom