• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    I see that that Century c308 is not a banned rifle does that mean that I could cash and carry from Delaware?

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    It is a banned rifle, the first one on the list under "Century Arms."

The list also is not all-inclusive of all banned rifles since new variations hit the market each year. It is only specific rifles that were put forth to MDSP for adjudication since some rifles are very similar to banned rifles without actually meeting the criteria for a banned rifle. For example, an AK look-alike with a short-stroke gas system or an M14/M1A in a different caliber (6.5 CM).

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    Another one that doesn't make any sense.

They list it as a copy of a banned enumerated assault weapon. I guess they mean a HK91.

However the HK91 is a copy of the CETME and the C308 is made with surplus CETME parts.

Sooooo...wouldn't that make the HK91 a copy of the C308 not the other way around?

Also the CETME/C308 parts aren't interchangeable with the HK91.

Idiots.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Yep. C308 is not parts interchangeable with any rifle on the FSA2013 ban list. We should be able to purchase in Maryland today.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It is a banned rifle,

No it is not.

the first one on the list under "Century Arms."

I assume that you mean the "list" that MSP has on their website? That list is NOT legally binding and means nothing. MSP has said that it is just intended as "helpful guidance."

A rifle is only banned if it is on the named list, or is a copy (defined as having completely interchangeable parts) of a rifle on the named list, or if it fails the copycat test.

The C308 is not named on the list. The C308 does not have completely interchangeable parts with any rifle on the list, and the C308 (in fixed stock form) does not fail the copycat test.

Therefore the C308 is not banned in MD, no matter what the MSP site says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom