• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Many profound, controversial posts have erupted following national news gun related events. Interestingly, these posts stem from "older" members with a surprisingly low post count. Knowing full well this public forum is being monitored, I suggest that new registrations are not allowed to stew. The problem being these accounts are created as place markers to gain some level of credence based on join date (we all know the disaster of '13).

So, create a new reg, if 50 posts are not satisfied w/in a period of time the account is removed. The higher entry requirement would serve as a hurdle for those wishing to piss in the cheerios bowl.

Or just stop counting on join date to be a great marker of intelligence and see a shill for a shill.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I think your second suggestion is the way to go : just use our judgement.

Some old Lurkers come out in times like these. Probably most are just fine, and we should welcome them into the Light.

The few Moles and Trolls we can have some fun with.

Atlbrvs

Jul 22, 2016
    Oliver Beach, Md
    I disagree. I don't post often because there's no need for more "I agrees" and "this!" and other stupid stuff. With the search function and the frequency of posts here if I have a question I can usually find the answer fast. I want to jack my count up so I don't miss on any more deals on the member classified page but don't want to interject with stupid comments to do so.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I disagree. I don't post often because there's no need for more "I agrees" and "this!" and other stupid stuff. With the search function and the frequency of posts here if I have a question I can usually find the answer fast. I want to jack my count up so I don't miss on any more deals on the member classified page but don't want to interject with stupid comments to do so.

"I Agree" :lol2:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

:thumbsup:

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think there are a lot of people who just read, and almost never post. That doesn't make them Moles.
    I definitely get the sentiment, but I myself lurked here for several years before finally joining (of course in a dreaded 13er). And even in 5 years, I still only have roughly 500 posts, but check the board daily.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    Many profound, controversial posts have erupted following national news gun related events. Interestingly, these posts stem from "older" members with a surprisingly low post count. Knowing full well this public forum is being monitored, I suggest that new registrations are not allowed to stew. The problem being these accounts are created as place markers to gain some level of credence based on join date (we all know the disaster of '13).

So, create a new reg, if 50 posts are not satisfied w/in a period of time the account is removed. The higher entry requirement would serve as a hurdle for those wishing to piss in the cheerios bowl.

Or just stop counting on join date to be a great marker of intelligence and see a shill for a shill.

Are there really that many (or any) controversial posts in the WC? Isn't that really the benefit of that threshold? Because I'm failing to see how closing old accounts with under 50 posts will help anything. They'll just create a new account and post a new topic to troll up the group or derail some other thread.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    IMHO , most Libs or Trolls can't cool their jets long enough to get 50 post .. they hit the ground running 80MPH and hit the wall soon after .

We all have been at the 2 post mark , everyone deserves a chance to screw up ...:cool::thumbsup:

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017

THIS

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    My father has a join date of 2008, and just got WC access in the last year. I vouch for him 100%. If he wasn't a sensible, safe firearms enthusiast and true 2A advocate, I probably wouldn't be either.

My wife is a 13er. :eek: She was ignored in person with the rest of us in Annapolis in 2013 and attended the past two MTFU Mondays. She got into the WC two weeks ago. Her AR and 3gun shotgun are way nicer than any of mine. She ain't no shill either.

Didn't some smart guy once say something about, "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?" :shrug:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

I will say, however, as someone who isn't exactly burning up the boards either, a :thumbsup: or two to a post that maybe I've poured my heart into (or at least thought about all day till I could get home and put it out there) feels a lot better than just getting read and skipped over.

Just sayin' :shrug:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    A forum like this is hopefully a two way street, what people bring to the forum is just as important as what they get from it. Yes I lurked for years reading and benefiting from the fruits of other peoples labor. Then I joined and started posting and found it is better to give than receive. Yes I have made a few mistakes along the way but I learned from those also. We have a very diverse group with varied backgrounds which means we get all kinds of questions from the simplest newbie ones to the highly complex and we get many questions/posts on almost any topic you can think of. Surely all of the lurkers have some knowledge that could contribute something to these discussions.

If you will give it a try I will stop calling you Surely.:D

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    IMHO , most Libs or Trolls can't cool their jets long enough to get 50 post .. they hit the ground running 80MPH and hit the wall soon after .

We all have been at the 2 post mark , everyone deserves a chance to screw up ...:cool::thumbsup:

This!

They all show up as gun owners, not knowing anything about the 2A.

Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore

This would be my position also.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    I definitely get the sentiment, but I myself lurked here for several years before finally joining (of course in a dreaded 13er). And even in 5 years, I still only have roughly 500 posts, but check the board daily.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This, I agree... Hell, I still lurk more than I post... I always laugh when someone posts something like “it’s just a 13’er”. I figure it’s just their way of indicating they have nothing of substance left to respond with...:lol2:

This is the last time I will post this on MDS...
    I'm sure you all have noticed the weekly email from MDShooters linking a thread about _______. This started a few months ago and is very effective at bringing old members back to the forum. This is also why you're seeing people with join dates of 2009 or 2011 "rising from the dead" and posting again.
    This is not a great conspiracy involving Brian Frosh planting sleeper cells on MDS only to awaken them in 2018.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This is the last time I will post this on MDS...
    I'm sure you all have noticed the weekly email from MDShooters linking a thread about _______. This started a few months ago and is very effective at bringing old members back to the forum. This is also why you're seeing people with join dates of 2009 or 2011 "rising from the dead" and posting again.
    This is not a great conspiracy involving Brian Frosh planting sleeper cells on MDS only to awaken them in 2018.

Nailed it!

Look at any of the threads linked on those emails and you’ll see plenty of members who hadn’t posted in a long long time. Shows how well email engagement can work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom