• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Y'all who cannot upload pics to your posts in the correct orientation will get no sympathy from this Hooligan. Over the years I have no clue how many "Hooligan Shoot" and other pics I've posted. But, it's been a lot.

A couple of suggestions:
    • There is a "Preview Post" option. It allows you to see what you're posting before you do. You might want to try using it? ;)
    • Uploading Pics from a PC is simple. What you see is what you get.
    • Pics taken with IPhone and IPad devices can often have different orientations depending on the device. But the pics are not hard to rotate on the device.
    • Back to my first point: Preview your uploads. If you need to re-orient a pic - delete it from your post, fix it, and upload it again.

Honestly? It really ain't all that hard to do...

;)

Shouldn't be hard, but it's still a PITA sometimes.

The one that took the cake is when I uploaded a phone pic. It was upside down. So I edited it and flipped 180°
    It STILL posted upside down. I gave up...

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'm up in this beeotch. The preview button helps nothing. I use it every time. I've flipped it 180°,in the editor, and it changes nothing.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Shouldn't be hard, but it's still a PITA sometimes.

The one that took the cake is when I uploaded a phone pic. It was upside down. So I edited it and flipped 180°
    It STILL posted upside down. I gave up...

And it doesn't always work. I've never had a problem until I bought my last phone(a Samsung S9 Plus). :gun3:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The only photos I've even noticed being flipped were taken with a mobile device.

Probably 90% of all non "mds photography thread" pics on this site were taken with a smart phone. I dont even own a camera other than my phone anymore....

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My problem isn't upside down pics it's the resolution requirements (in the classifieds)
    Taking pics on my iPhone won't upload even after cropping. I can upload them to my laptop and then edit them before posting but that's a pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I only use my phone on the forum. The camera button on the right might be the fix, for me. But, the software on the forum could use a fix for this. Not all phones will be the same.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    I will get with web guy and see if there is a better update for this, very old software and I would hate to try and bring a change to a new version.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I've never had an issue with this but I always use preview to test posts.
    I'm just happy that the forum actually hosts pictures directly!
    Try using some other forums that only allow you to embed links to other photo hosting sites.

Also have a look at this article - sometimes tags in the picture file change the picture orientation:

Why Your Photos Don’t Always Appear Correctly Rotated
    https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-your-photos-dont-always-appear-correctly-rotated/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom