• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Any online stores that will do it? There is nothing illegal about it afaik, as long as the recipient has at least one firearm registered, but online stores seem to not be willing to take that risk.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Thanks fellas. Good to know. Wallyworld is good for mostly everything, but speciality items, and sometimes it is just nice to shop from the comfort of home.

DC45

Mar 8, 2018
    DC
    MidwayUSA will also ship ammo to DC. It’ll ask for your registration card on checkout.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Also when ordering from Buds Gun Shop a notification may pop up saying that they don't ship ammo to DC. Their customer service said to ignore it and that it now only applies to .50 BMG or any other ammo that DC restricts.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I've had ammo shipped to me in DC from Buds, I just faxed a copy of registration. A few years ago no one would do it, now quite a few do it since they are used to requiring gun registration or FOID from other states now too.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    I have two, Buds Gun Shop and Ammunition Store.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

http://ammunitionstore.com/

Both required that I send them a photocopy of one of my registration cards to keep on file.

A third, Corbon, a direct manufacturer, will ship to me without a problem.

https://www.shopcorbon.com/

I use their 9mm 115gr. +P DPX as carry ammo for my Glock 43.

MidwayUSA will also ship ammo to DC. It’ll ask for your registration card on checkout.

I've had ammo shipped to me in DC from Buds, I just faxed a copy of registration. A few years ago no one would do it, now quite a few do it since they are used to requiring gun registration or FOID from other states now too.

Target Sports USA ships to DC no problem.

When they ship to DC what company do they use (USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL) and will they leave it at a pick up point instead of trying to catch you at the house? I assume you must sign for package so they won't leave on front step for the roaming package stealers.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    When they ship to DC what company do they use (USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL) and will they leave it at a pick up point instead of trying to catch you at the house? I assume you must sign for package so they won't leave on front step for the roaming package stealers.

Midway uses UPS. I think the others that ship to DC do to. I don’t think ammo is allowed in USPS anyway.

For UPS to DC with Midway, Signature is not required if you already have a UPS release on file. Must be shipped to the house and can’t be redirected.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia

It's been a bit since I've ordered from TargetSportsUSA, but I think they ship FedEx or UPS. Right to my door. I don't think signature required, but I don't remember specifically. I work from home normally, so I was probably home when they delivered it.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    It's been a bit since I've ordered from TargetSportsUSA, but I think they ship FedEx or UPS. Right to my door. I don't think signature required, but I don't remember specifically. I work from home normally, so I was probably home when they delivered it.

They ship exclusively FedEx, from my experience it’s always been the Home Delivery service. Not sure if they use FedEx ground or other service levels for other areas.

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    I tried to order from Target Sports USA and they told me that they won't ship to DC. Their website says that they do.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I tried to order from Target Sports USA and they told me that they won't ship to DC. Their website says that they do.

If you’re willing to make the drive out here I can help you out and order it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have two, Buds Gun Shop and Ammunition Store.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

http://ammunitionstore.com/

Both required that I send them a photocopy of one of my registration cards to keep on file.

A third, Corbon, a direct manufacturer, will ship to me without a problem.

https://www.shopcorbon.com/

I use their 9mm 115gr. +P DPX as carry ammo for my Glock 43.

Stop using that crap and call me after the 23rd......I’m on daddy leave and will give you something to help keep you safe

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Selfishly bumping this as it is buy season for me. Where are people buying from now days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom