• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lisa788

Jan 13, 2019
    Hey y'all, my name is Lisa and I was recently on season 1 of a show called Surviving Mann (https://survivingmann.com.) Casting for Season 2 of Surviving Mann is now underway. For this season they are looking for people that have served in "special forces or other high level military groups."

Description: "Don Mann, Seal Team 6 Special Operations veteran and New York Times best selling author, hosts a totally unique type of “shoot house” challenge. Thirty-two contestants from all walks of life fight it out in a high-tech special ops training center to see who gets to challenge Don in the ultimate survival competition." Needless to say, it was super fun!

Message me if you'd like to apply for next season, or message me if you loved the show :D

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hey y'all, my name is Lisa and I was recently on season 1 of a show called Surviving Mann (https://survivingmann.com.) Casting for Season 2 of Surviving Mann is now underway. For this season they are looking for people that have served in "special forces or other high level military groups."

Description: "Don Mann, Seal Team 6 Special Operations veteran and New York Times best selling author, hosts a totally unique type of “shoot house” challenge. Thirty-two contestants from all walks of life fight it out in a high-tech special ops training center to see who gets to challenge Don in the ultimate survival competition." Needless to say, it was super fun!

Message me if you'd like to apply for next season, or message me if you loved the show :D

Lisa, I’m certainly not capable of competing but your post got my attention. I’ve never heard about this show before. What network is it on? Also how and why did you compete in season one? What lead you to try out? How are you currently connected to this show financially in any way?

Jun 17, 2014

We have some staff who fits the bill. Let me talk to some of our guys.
    I see you study Krav Maga- we do too:D

lisa788

Jan 13, 2019
    Lisa, I’m certainly not capable of competing but your post got my attention. I’ve never heard about this show before. What network is it on? Also how and why did you compete in season one? What lead you to try out? How are you currently connected to this show financially in any way?

Sorry I didn't see these replies sooner, I thought I would get email alerts for each message...I'm a noob.

Surviving Mann is the first show from a new network called American Stories. Great people, cool stories.
    https://www.americanstoriesentertainment.com/

I'm not financially benefiting from the show and didn't compete well enough to win money. Except, I got to spend a week shooting for free and had too much fun :) Don Mann and I go back 20 years, he's simply an outstanding person in every way.

I'm technically with Meade Rifle & Pistol.
    @Masada Tactical, I already emailed this to BK, lol.

I guess I never did a self-intro post. Hi, I'm Lisa, I might have a gun problem, but I can quit anytime I want. Also a sci-fi and cyber nerd. You might have seen me around at events, but I'm too shy to talk to people. I don't go shooting often and need a shooting buddy to get me out of the house. I'd like to start doing IDPA or falling steel or 2-gun stuff at AGC. @Lisa_788 on Twitter.

Given that the show is not well advertised, applicants have a good chance of getting on. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Sorry I didn't see these replies sooner, I thought I would get email alerts for each message...I'm a noob.

Surviving Mann is the first show from a new network called American Stories. Great people, cool stories.
    https://www.americanstoriesentertainment.com/

I'm not financially benefiting from the show and didn't compete well enough to win money. Except, I got to spend a week shooting for free and had too much fun :) Don Mann and I go back 20 years, he's simply an outstanding person in every way.

I'm technically with Meade Rifle & Pistol.
    @Masada Tactical, I already emailed this to BK, lol.

I guess I never did a self-intro post. Hi, I'm Lisa, I might have a gun problem, but I can quit anytime I want. Also a sci-fi and cyber nerd. You might have seen me around at events, but I'm too shy to talk to people. I don't go shooting often and need a shooting buddy to get me out of the house. I'd like to start doing IDPA or falling steel or 2-gun stuff at AGC. @Lisa_788 on Twitter.

Given that the show is not well advertised, applicants have a good chance of getting on. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Lisa, Thanks for the reply. I had never heard about the American Stories network. I’ll check it out. I miss the show Top Gun which I thought was pretty cool back in the day. Good luck competing and welcome to Maryland Shooters.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Lisa, Thanks for the reply. I had never heard about the American Stories network. I’ll check it out. I miss the show Top Gun which I thought was pretty cool back in the day. Good luck competing and welcome to Maryland Shooters.

Top Shot? I actually had a phone call with someone from that show who wanted me to send them an audition video. I declined, it was a big commitment and I would have been embarrassed if I was the first one kicked out lol.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Casting for Season 2 of Surviving Mann is now underway. For this season they are looking for people that have served in "special forces or other high level military groups."

Thirty-two contestants from all walks of life fight it out in a high-tech special ops training center to see who gets to challenge Don in the ultimate survival competition."

These two lines do not compute :D

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Top Shot? I actually had a phone call with someone from that show who wanted me to send them an audition video. I declined, it was a big commitment and I would have been embarrassed if I was the first one kicked out lol.

Yea Top Shot. I would love to go back and watch all of the old episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom