• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I know a “what’s the best 9mm can” has been asked a lot. I had an idea what I wanted, but ran into an issue. Beretta DOES NOT make suppressor height sights for the APX full-size. I’m stuck with stock. So what is a thin can, but is also a good one. Can any cans be used with stock sight or am I S.O.L?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Silencerco Osprey9 is a good choice. It does not obscure your stock sights and Silencerco is a great company.
    Personally I just use stock sights and look through the suppressor. My groups are as good with as they are without the supressor. This works best shooting with both eyes open.
    Good luck

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Any aftermarket available? Looking at the different models of APX, it appears some have replaceable sights, so depending on the size, you may be in luck. I would either call Beretta or post in the Beretta forums. Let us know what you find.
    As DP said, I too shoot through the cans. I do have suppressor height sights on a couple hosts. One wont fit in the holster anymore... DoH...

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Dead Air Odessa or SilencerCo Osprey if you are okay with some annoyance in cleaning and MX.

Personally I would buy something like the Griffin Optimus9 that can be used on centerfire rifles too, because pistol cans are clumsy and not really something you can carry. My opinion, please consider what you paid for it.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    I have an Osprey9 and happy with it. You might want to look for after market sights too.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Dead Air Odessa or SilencerCo Osprey if you are okay with some annoyance in cleaning and MX.

Personally I would buy something like the Griffin Optimus9 that can be used on centerfire rifles too, because pistol cans are clumsy and not really something you can carry. My opinion, please consider what you paid for it.
    If we're gonna go down that route, let's be real, suppressed pistols aren't really much more than range toys for anyone other than SOCOM. The Maxim 9 is, IMHO, the closest thing to a genuinely useful suppressed pistol, but even that has more than its share of issues.

Depending on your APX, OP, perhaps consider going to a red dot as your sighting system?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The wolfman is not a good choice to be used primarily for a pistol. Too thick, too heavy. Also I only use suppressor height sights on red dot equipped pistols that require them. Everything else just use the sights as normal. I would rather deal with some occlusion than with suppressor height sights.

Not sure why I didn’t mention that earlier.

To erwos: I happen to be friends with the guy who pulled requirements together to create the rec for the Mk23 pistol. He fully acknowledged it was a camel (horse designed by committee) and was stupid to begin with, but that was his job at the time. Anyway pistol suppressors are great fun and good for things like putting down injured animals quietly, but not something that gets used a ton.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    Update: I ordered the dead air Odessa 9 about a month ago. Still waiting for silencer shop to assign a serial number and ship it. So I’m hoping I can take it home by August 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom