• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    One vendor had Colt 6721’s for near $1500 each.

Not much decent firearm selection. Only 1 vender had 80% Glocks.
    Lot’s of knives, didn’t see any Jerky.

It was good to see Jeff and Bigfoot.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    SCSG had some good stuff. If I didn't already have my eye on something I really want to add to the collection... Maybe later.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Nowhere near as full or good as years ago.
    Looking for newer model shotguns, not much to pick over. Plenty of old guns, not what I was looking for.
    Fudge smell, I believe anyway was overpowering. Not in a good way.
    Anyone ever deal with Benchtop Gunsmithing out of Port Deposit in Cecil County? They had some of their shop made uppers for a fair price. Just wasn't sure about their work.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I THINK the 80% polymer 80 Glock kits were fair priced. He had kits with the slides. Another guy had at least just the Poly kits by themselves. If you did not want to buy on the Internet it was a good price i thought.

I saw a Star BM priced at $695 (edit: $650). Looking for a Sucker. The Keltec Sub 2ks were higher than I think you can get at a couple MDS IPs

I normally get the coated pecans but on the Keto diet so got cashews which I I coated are not cheap but just felt like helping the girl out. Got some 9mm from the ammo guy (C&J?) some reloading powder but not primers. Are primers really $35/1000 now at shows?

My son was with me and got some flairs for his milsurp flare gun. I left the show without buying a gun cause nothing spoke to me. I still think those Captured German K98k rifles are a good buy at SCSG although I did not inspect the bores on any of them

They did not put any tables along the right wall which extended the center isle tables further down the hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Thanks, just like to know if his stuff is better than PSA, BCA, Radical, etc before buying. I hope so anyway, cuz it's a little more $$.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Went , payed my 8 bucks walked around . Like the reload table setup , other than that didn’t buy anything . Rather support my local shops I deal with to purchase things . Prices actually better or at least the same as show. Fun to check things out never know what ya might come across. Something to do.Maybe go again tomorrow.

Wayneb

Dec 31, 2018
    Ellicott City, MD
    Went to the Howard County show today. I live only a few miles away so I felt I owed it to myself & to support gun rights in MD. After being underwhelmed by the Frederick show last year I didn’t expect great things. Some prices were ok but some were nothing but obscene - $650 for a Star BM! I bought one last year for $189 (plus transfer fee). In fairness it did have some nice wood grips. For that price I would expect some extra mags & a certificate that it was Francesco Franco’s personal side arm. Compared to that $550 for a postwar Walther P38 was a bargain. I did try to buy a case for my .22 rifle but the vendor didn’t take charge cards. Vendors have every right to do that (and I realize the shooting community is all about rights) but it is very short sighted. Get into the 21st century. Most vendors at other shows: home & garden, craft, model railroading etc. have been accepting cards for years. I did spend $2 cash on some snap caps.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I normally get the coated pecans but on the Keto diet so got cashews which I I coated are not cheap but just felt like helping the girl out. Got some 9mm from the ammo guy (C&J?) some reloading powder but not primers. Are primers really $35/1000 now at shows?

A friend has been going to the usual VA shows and has picked me up 2K SPP/SRP (Federal) each time, they are marked $34 and $36 over the last 6 months.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Stop by and see us today at the show! We still have some goodies available...LOL Mention this thread to me at the show and receive 10% off any firearm purchase!!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I took my nephew, he had a blast!

Got him a zombie target and a Gerber pocket knife for $5.

Attachments

• 1A8BABDF-4EB5-4A9F-B1C7-C2A1A9479EE9.jpg
      1A8BABDF-4EB5-4A9F-B1C7-C2A1A9479EE9.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 450

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I went Sunday morning. Looking for a part or person to solve my Star P dilemma. Wasn't really there to buy. Place was not packed at all (9:30-10:30). I didn't really get detailed about checking gun prices, but in my "drive by" mode, in my opinion, a lot of vendors had "I want to pack it up and take it back home" prices.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Some take cards yes and more often than not they tack on 3% extra if you pay with a card to cover the fee. Only industry I've ever seen where added fees for CC usage is so rampant.

Rampant?
    Every business that takes credit cards builds that 3% into their pricing, regardless of the business type. The ones that add on 3% and tell you about it price their stuff based on cash.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Rampant?
    Every business that takes credit cards builds that 3% into their pricing, regardless of the business type. The ones that add on 3% and tell you about it price their stuff based on cash.

This exactly!!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom