• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    This situation is completely FUBAR'd. There are people over on the ARF forums stating that the NFA branch has told them the opposite. I am certainly not calling pwilliams a liar, but rather NFA needs to get their shit straight. A few have also said they have had approvals sent as attachments. I bet if you called 5 times a few hours apart, youd hear several responses. What a joke...

When you say approvals sent as attachments, what do you mean? Email attachments?

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Yea my initial thought is that the ATF employee will give you a different response depending in who you talk to. My logic, ill just wait since I dont have the funds for any other NFA purchase anyways. If/when the site come back, imagine how quickly forms will be approved though! Optimism at its best.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    This situation is completely FUBAR'd. There are people over on the ARF forums stating that the NFA branch has told them the opposite. I am certainly not calling pwilliams a liar, but rather NFA needs to get their shit straight. A few have also said they have had approvals sent as attachments. I bet if you called 5 times a few hours apart, youd hear several responses. What a joke...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013

I'm hoping the same thing. It seems crazy that any forms submitted would just sit, but at the end of the day, it's still a government operation. Crazier things have happened. Does anyone else have an eform in that they could call on? I think the person I talked to was named carrie, but I'm not positive.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    I need you people to get this straightened out ASAP.

I want to take my son shooting with his .22 suppressor.

So, will someone please think of the children?

THE CHILDREN!

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I just called and was told they ARE NOT processing anything eForm related right now. No ETA on when the web site would be back up and processing would resume. I'm waiting on a few forms from December so this isn't the news I was hoping for.
    Maybe they will take a fresh look at the entire NFA tax stamp process to see what a complete waste of human energy and $ it is. I'm guessing no.

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    I just called and was told they ARE NOT processing anything eForm related right now. No ETA on when the web site would be back up and processing would resume. I'm waiting on a few forms from December so this isn't the news I was hoping for.
    Maybe they will take a fresh look at the entire NFA tax stamp process to see what a complete waste of human energy and $ it is. I'm guessing no.

Wow. That just contradicts what the email bulletin said. No new forms allowed, but that they were still processing already submitted forms. More evidence of how un-organized they are over there. I guess someone is in line for a promotion when this is all said and done :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!

WOW! I would say that meets the definition of total bullsh!t! They even said on their website that forms would continue to be processed. If they're not "processing them", wouldn't that be similar to a complete deny of payed tax. We need to start getting some tax lawyers on this issue.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena

can you post those threads here? I dont use ARF forums.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013

Arggggg!

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom

LOL. absolute awesomeness! I called today and was told they are still processing. You just cant make this shit up.

can you post those threads here? I dont use ARF forums.

I'm not entirely sure its kosher to link directly to that site here. You dont need to be a member to read that thread however. Main page -> armory -> class 3.

When you say approvals sent as attachments, what do you mean? Email attachments?

Yep, through email, PDF allegedly. NFA told me that today as well...for what thats worth. A guy today also posted a screenshot of a form he had approved by Dana P on 4/15. Its a total shitshow, who knows whats going on...

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    All of my efile Form1 approvals were email attachments. AFAIK, Thats the way its been for everyone who's used it so far. Paper forms = paper stamps. efile = electronic pic of a stamp and signature.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    All of my efile Form1 approvals were email attachments. AFAIK, Thats the way its been for everyone who's used it so far. Paper forms = paper stamps. efile = electronic pic of a stamp and signature.

His point was that there is proof of them still doing approvals even after the site went down. Also that you're gonna get different responses depending on which person you get. Guess ill just wait it out for this stamp.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Yep, through email, PDF allegedly. NFA told me that today as well...for what thats worth. A guy today also posted a screenshot of a form he had approved by Dana P on 4/15. Its a total shitshow, who knows whats going on...

Sounds awfully like our situation with MSP last year, when trying to figure out submission and return dates for the 77r.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Just received this letter. Sounds like eForms will be back....Wednesdays it will be down for maintenance....lots of staffers hired to deal with backlog (where have we heard that before!)....Though, no word on when eForms will return, found that kind of strange.

EDIT: Well then. I just logged on and my Form 1 just popped up. Looks like things are a go for now?

Attachments

• eForms Letter 4-16-14 final.pdf
      72.3 KB · Views: 108

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Me too. Does not address what they are doing with current, submitted eforms while the system is not accepting new ones.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Me too. Does not address what they are doing with current, submitted eforms while the system is not accepting new ones.

"Priority Processing" duh ;D I wonder how priority works in regards of the forms. Does that mean a good portion of their staff will be working on Form 3/4s while Form 1s take a back seat regardless of paper/efile?

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    "Priority Processing" duh ;D I wonder how priority works in regards of the forms. Does that mean a good portion of their staff will be working on Form 3/4s while Form 1s take a back seat regardless of paper/efile?

Sounds like it since they specifically said that they'd focus on 3 and 4 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom