• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I recent bought an entire wester rig holster and ammo belt for my 50 Cal BFR S&W Mag. It was done beautifully superb work. My intention was to use it for hunting, not a fan of shoulder or bandolero rigs.

Any how the type of leather used was appropriate, only one thing it squeaks when I walk as the leather rubs against each other. I have oiled it with both mink and glove oil in hopes of some softening.

Rather waiting to zero hour the day of hunting and chase the deer away I made a western rig out of soft bison hide. It is very soft and pliable holds the gun tight. I tried it with the cartage belt and it worked out great. I also tried it with just a standard 2" belt worked great also.

Rather than wear a 25 shell cartage belt I will make a case belt holder holding 10 rounds. Any more than that is just not needed.

Attachments

• Holster.jpg
      Holster.jpg
      107.2 KB · Views: 125

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Find out where it's squeaking. If it's a hidden place, like that strap, put some moleskin between the 2 pieces.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Yes thought about doing that but if rubs in 4 different places. I will keep oiling it until it stops or I get tired of oiling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom