• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    "I'm a check and balance"

Judge skeptical of dismissing suit to release records related to Fast & Furious suit

Judge Amy Berman Jackson, an Obama appointee, challenged the DoJ's claim that federal courts have no jurisdiction in the dispute. DoJ lawyer Ian Gershengorn said the battle over the documents should be resolved by the checks and balances between the legislative and executive branches, to which Judge Jackson countered, "I'm a check and balance". "If you could have worked this out yourselves, wouldn't you have worked this out yourselves?"

:spank:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    How do you say “fast and furious” in Spanish ?

"rápido y furioso" ???

Obama laments that guns from the U.S. were flowing into Mexico, but fails to mention his administration was responsible for running guns over the border to build his case for gun control in the U.S. in support of the U.N. gun grab.

Politico.com - Obama talks guns, drugs in Mexico"]Obama talks guns, drugs in Mexico

Last edited:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Who is Dennis Burke ?

Fast and Furious: Who Is Dennis Burke?

The 'other' scandal still needing to have life breathed back into it ...
    concerns the Fast and Furious gun-running operation, and observers were reminded again this week that the key player was a former U.S. Attorney in Arizona named Dennis Burke.

On May 20, the Justice Department’s Inspector General issued a report concluding that Burke, who oversaw the crazy operation, had deliberately retaliated against lead whistleblower John Dodson – and in doing so, he “violated Department policy” in a “particularly egregious” manner.

Burke, you see, wasn’t just some locally important lawyer from Arizona. He was a top Democratic Hill staffer, a longtime protégé of former Obama White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, a former chief of staff for then-Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano and then a top aide to now-Secretary Napolitano at the Department of Homeland Security – and was widely understood as being groomed for a Democratic U.S. Senate race in Arizona.

His testimony, with partial immunity, could finally be the straw that breaks Holder's back ... and maybe even Obama's.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Fast and Furious: Who Is Dennis Burke?

The 'other' scandal still needing to have life breathed back into it ...

His testimony, with partial immunity, could finally be the straw that breaks Holder's back ... and maybe even Obama's.

Are you kidding me? Both Holder and Obama have taken Teflon lessons from Karl Rove. You remember him, right? Nothing could be stuck on him... And now given the religious idolatry afforded Obama nothing will be stuck onto him.

The best thing to do is tie current Democrats to the Obama millstone and let them sink under the weight of his scandals. Not that the alternatives will be head-and-shoulders above the current crooks.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    That's because it's been spent long before it gets to him ...

The Buck Never Reaches Obama
    Says David Limbaugh on TownHall.com ...

The numerous parallels in the administration's handling of the Fast and Furious and Internal Revenue Service scandals alone are too striking to be coincidental. The recurring theme is that the buck never stops at the Obama White House.

It does seem more than coincidental that his sycophant underlings are willing to commit perjury and even throw themselves under the bus to protect 'the man at the top'. It's to bad that none of them haven't considered the G. Gordon Liddy 'tough-guy' approach to shielding the POTUS from scandal. *

Fast-forward to the IRS scandal and compare the administration's reaction. In both scandals:

• Holder lied and then lied about his lying.
    • The administration investigated itself and stonewalled congressional investigators.
    • The administration denied culpability and knowledge and blamed the wrongdoing on rogue employees -- in Phoenix and Cincinnati, respectively.
    • The administration blamed Bush. With Fast and Furious, Wide Receiver was the culprit. With the IRS scandal, it was the fault of a Bush appointee.
    • Obama expressed shock and varying levels of outrage, promised to bring to account those responsible and then proceeded to do the opposite.
    • Congressional Democrats obstructed and ran interference for the administration.
    • Obama did his best to shield those accountable, rewarding the wrongdoers and, in some cases, punishing the whistle-blowers.

*In the story of Watergate, Liddy was the tough guy, a former FBI agent who offered to kill {himself} or be killed if it would help President Richard M. Nixon.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Dateline February 2nd, 2011, 02:05 PM

And I am not challenging anything, either. I've just been one of the people called in (usually by someone in management who got a funny feeling) to look over samrt ideas that were dumb in principle. Usually a few pointed questions and everyone shakes the head and moves on.

Problems come from insular groups, I think. And for the record, I've done it myself. But I've never done anything as dumb as allowing deadly weapons to move across the border just so I could see what happens next.

Waiting for the excuses and whitewash on this one. The longer they take to come out, the fewer people who probably knew. Otherwise they would have formulated the story before the press got it. Again...all speculation.

But what else are we going to do?

Almost two and a half years later, and Patrick's analysis rings truer than ever.

Only THIS 'insular group' was a tight alliance between Holder, Obama, and a small hand-picked group of yes-men at ATF. That is why Issa, Grassley and others continually hit a wall.

Last edited:

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    So in the end, hundreds of Mexican nationals lost their lives along with a Boarder Patrol agent and the only thing that come from this is more gun comntrol and the Prsident still spouting his same lie to the press about illigal guns going south from the US as the root cause of violence in Mexico.

Does that about sum it up>???

Oct 11, 2012
    So in the end, hundreds of Mexican nationals lost their lives along with a Boarder Patrol agent and the only thing that come from this is more gun comntrol and the Prsident still spouting his same lie to the press about illigal guns going south from the US as the root cause of violence in Mexico.

Does that about sum it up>???

Yup.:sad20:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    And the score goes up another notch ...

LATimes.com -
    Police chief killed with rifle lost in ATF gun-tracking program

CONFIRMED:

A high-powered rifle lost in the ATF’s Fast and Furious controversy was used to kill a Mexican police chief in the state of Jalisco earlier this year, according to internal Department of Justice records, suggesting that weapons from the failed gun-tracking operation have now made it into the hands of violent drug cartels deep inside Mexico.

Luis Lucio Rosales Astorga, the police chief in the city of Hostotipaquillo, was shot to death Jan. 29 when gunmen intercepted his patrol car and opened fire. Also killed was one of his bodyguards. His wife and a second bodyguard were wounded.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    But wait, there's more ... weapons found

Sharyl Attkisson for CBSNews.com
    More Fast and Furious guns surface at crimes in Mexico

According to Justice Department tracing documents obtained by CBS News, all three guns are WASR-10 762-caliber Romanian rifles. Two were purchased by Fast and Furious suspect Uriel Patino in May and July of 2010. Sean Steward, who was convicted on gun charges in July 2012, purchased a third. The rifles were traced yesterday to the Lone Wolf gun shop in Glendale, Ariz.

During Fast and Furious and similar operations, federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) encouraged the Lone Wolf and other gun stores to sell massive amounts of weapons to questionable purchasers who allegedly trafficked them Mexican drug cartels.

Sharyl Attkisson for CBSNews.com -
    Brian Terry family sues ATF officials in Fast and Furious

• Andre Howard, owner of Lone Wolf Trading Company gun shop, which was cooperating with ATF agents in Fast and Furious and sold at least two of the rifles later believed trafficked to Mexican drug cartels and used in the murder of Agent Terry.
    • Lone Wolf Trading Company is also named in the suit.

Attkisson won't let this die ... much to the chagrin of Holder and ATF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom