• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -Just can't stop it at this point. Was in the middle of a live on-line auction when I ran across a photo in a lot that I had previously glanced at but declined to bookmark for bidding or examination. The photo in question clearly showed a GECO stamp! Very uncommon, GECO imported and sold
    Beretta Model 1935s in WW2 Germany through their sporting goods stores. This one is a bit holster worn but I couldn't care less as they are very hard to find.
    -I put in a firm proxy bid and got it for $50 under that, netting me a decent example for a very good price. The one big downside to the pistol was the flat follower magazine which was not only welded but dented and one of the feed lips was stress cracked. A quick look in my holster stash and I found a spare, "pinky" follower magazine. I also procured a nice German holster of the correct commercial vintage.
    -It's got the familiar plum colored slide. Even found another example with a SN within 40 of mine over on the Walther Forum. While I've seen examples dated as late as 1943 most that I've found online are from 1940 with SNs in the mid 400K range.
    -Now if I could just find that elusive GECO stamped Astra 200!

Attachments

• IMGP9586.jpg
      IMGP9586.jpg
      62.9 KB · Views: 173
    • IMGP9591.jpg
      IMGP9591.jpg
      70 KB · Views: 162
    • IMGP9588.jpg
      IMGP9588.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 165
    • IMGP9589.jpg
      IMGP9589.jpg
      39.8 KB · Views: 165
    • IMGP9590.jpg
      IMGP9590.jpg
      81.8 KB · Views: 162
    • IMGP9592.jpg
      IMGP9592.jpg
      75.1 KB · Views: 163
    Jul 1, 2012
    Very cool. These commercial pistols grow on you!
    I looked for a long time for an AKAH or Geco FN 1922 with no luck and in the space of a few months three popped up.
    So keep your eyes peeled for that 3rd one :)

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Another great find! I think I’ve only ever seen 1 or 2 other GECO Berettas pop up online - tough one to find for sure. Im right there with you on that Astra 200, been searching for years with no luck. Those little guys are darn near unobtanium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom