• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I use lanolin and iso spray like I do for case lube. A quick spritz about every 400-500 rounds, let it dry a minute and then wipe off the excess. Also a quick swipe before the spray to remove the built up dirt from the cases (I don’t wet tumble)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I found that the heat shrink tube mod helps a lot, but is not 100%.

Swaging a BUNCH of 9mm mil brass, I found it I put my off hand up near the slide and bump it with my thumb got it to work reliably.

But I was running DIRTY brass through the press. So once I clean the slide, lube, and run cleaner brass, I will see how that goes. But will also try the coat hanger wire mod. If I can find a wire coat hanger.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I use lanolin and iso spray like I do for case lube. A quick spritz about every 400-500 rounds, let it dry a minute and then wipe off the excess. Also a quick swipe before the spray to remove the built up dirt from the cases (I don’t wet tumble)

I'm not understaning the lanolin spray, couple sprays on a bag of 400-500 rounds? I did more than a couple sprays on 200-300 rounds and mixed up the bag and the first case got stuck in the die.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I un stuck the case using my regular single press. Just to keep rolling, size/decapped then swaged the 300 or so cases this morning.
    I went back to dipping my finger in Unique case lube and rubbing on as I feed the cases. I dip every 3-5 cases and roll in my finger after picking up the case and moving to the top of the tube.
    I'm feeding the tube while I'm stroking the lever so its a continuous process and still way faster than a single stage press.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'm not understaning the lanolin spray, couple sprays on a bag of 400-500 rounds? I did more than a couple sprays on 200-300 rounds and mixed up the bag and the first case got stuck in the die.

Did you mix them up after spraying?

I use a plastic shoe box (Target or Walmart). Toss in a few handfuls of cases, spray, shake, size.

No stuck cases with lanolin/alcohol lube.

Did you buy or make your own?

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky

Did you allow drying time? In my experience (cool basement) the alcohol will immediately evaporate as the case heats during the resizing in the die, leaving a very stuck case. I allow 15min minimum of drying time in my basement to make sure there's more lanolin on the cases than alcohol..

(obviously presuming you have the correct sized case holder installed in the APP...)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Did you mix them up after spraying?

I use a plastic shoe box (Target or Walmart). Toss in a few handfuls of cases, spray, shake, size.

No stuck cases with lanolin/alcohol lube.

Did you buy or make your own?

I got this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TV1NNDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mixed in a zip lock bag. probably about 6-8 pumps of it. shook it some, between each 2 pumps.

oh crap, I did not shake it. wonder if that is it.
    I'll try again next time with any more advice but on my single press first before trying the app.
    hand lubing with unique is not that bad but lanolin should be much faster

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I got this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TV1NNDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mixed in a zip lock bag. probably about 6-8 pumps of it. shook it some, between each 2 pumps.

oh crap, I did not shake it. wonder if that is it.
    I'll try again next time with any more advice but on my single press first before trying the app.
    hand lubing with unique is not that bad but lanolin should be much faster

The AHA moment. :D

Yes, it needs to be shaken, the lanolin separates out.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I tried again after work today with the Lanolin. Shook it up baby purged out what was in the line then sprayed and tumbled in an big plastic jar then let it dry 10 mins.
    I"d say it works the die harder than using the unique but ran fine on all 120 cases.
    I"ll be getting to the point of having more prepped brass than I need to shoot for all winter. The APP really speeds things up for sure.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I make my own using HEET (in the red bottle) and lanolin at a 10:1 ratio. 8:1 is kinda sticky. I spray into a cardboard box with some paper towel across the bottom to soak up the extra. Two sprays from a spray bottle and shake it up for a bit. Let dry for a minute or two and size away. Too much lanolin is just as bad as none at all.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Got my app setup to size the lee 312/160 cast bullet. Took a bit of tinkering but it seems to do alright. Installing gas checks is easier as it is like seating bullets in a progressive.
    029e5bd7560973a67b3c3bfeef60ffd6.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    last weekend, I hooked up the .452 noe sizing die setup, first powder coated bullet jammed in the die and I did not want to crank so hard that I broke something.
    Pulled the die out and set it aside. I sized them all with the regular single stage press and no issues.
    Not sure what went wrong but will look at it when I have more free time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom