• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    That's a very interesting abomination. :lol2:

I don't think I have ever seen tritium on a digital or partly digital watch before.

As I said, definitely not for everyone.

I usually keep the digital time turned off. It takes the hour hand 24 hours to make one full revolution around the face. As the hand sweeps the face it puts in perspective where you are within your circadian rhythm. The inner darkened part shows how much sunlight and night is left and a visualization of twilight, sunrise, sunset and dusk. Good for those that work in cube farms or other areas where there is no reference to day or night. The outer yellow ring shows lunar time from moonrise to moonset. If I ever have to duel at highnoon I'll know exactly when that is :draw:. The small inner circle is the moon phase for the day. The tritium is so amateur astronomers and astrophotographers don't have to ruin there dark adaptation to check the time.

I did think it was a little gimmicky at first, but, it really does keep you within the daily circadian rhythm. I have actually talked to two separate shuttle astronauts who wore them on there missions and kept them set to their hometown cities.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD

I usually keep the digital time turned off. It takes the hour hand 24 hours to make one full revolution around the face. As the hand sweeps the face it puts in perspective where you are within your circadian rhythm. The inner darkened part shows how much sunlight and night is left and a visualization of twilight, sunrise, sunset and dusk. Good for those that work in cube farms or other areas where there is no reference to day or night. The outer yellow ring shows lunar time from moonrise to moonset. If I ever have to duel at highnoon I'll know exactly when that is :draw:. The small inner circle is the moon phase for the day. The tritium is so amateur astronomers and astrophotographers don't have to ruin there dark adaptation to check the time.

I did think it was a little gimmicky at first, but, it really does keep you within the daily circadian rhythm. I have actually talked to two separate shuttle astronauts who wore them on there missions and kept them set to their hometown cities.

What is it? I've never seen one like that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Interesting piece! Cool that it is utilitarian.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    What is it? I've never seen one like that.

The company is called Yes and they are now based out of La Jolla, CA. They are just a very small watch making company and the owner is a huge history buff of time keeping (horology) and the rhythms of nature. I have had a few conversations with the owner/watchmaker. These things are BIG in size and not cheap. He does put them on 50% + sale a couple times a year.

www.yeswatch.com

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Here's a couple more that I have. I did not pay full price for any of them. Love the concept but I somewhat dislike the size. Even though they are big, they are still much smaller than most of the Invictas.

Attachments

• 20200308_194221.jpg
      20200308_194221.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 217
    • 20161207_183427.jpg
      20161207_183427.jpg
      52.4 KB · Views: 214

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Here's a couple more that I have. I did not pay full price for any of them. Love the concept but I somewhat dislike the size. Even though they are big, they are still much smaller than most of the Invictas.

I like the black cased one.
    Neat concept. What size do they fit like?

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I like the black cased one.
    Neat concept. What size do they fit like?

If I remember correctly the black one is 48mm x 17mm. That one is the Equilibrium. My smallest one is the Cozmo at 43mm.

I'm wearing the Cozmo in this picture. I'm a small guy at 5'6". This picture was taken while I was volunteering at a women in Aviation event doing solar astronomy outreach. The solar scope in use was showing kids, and their parents, sun spots and solar prominences.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1508814158215.jpg
      FB_IMG_1508814158215.jpg
      81.6 KB · Views: 257

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Rocking my IWC Big Pilot 43, patiently waiting in my doctor's office for my first B12 injection that I apparently need.

Attachments

• 20220217_133500.jpg
      20220217_133500.jpg
      56.4 KB · Views: 159

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Rocking my IWC Big Pilot 43, patiently waiting in my doctor's office for my first B12 injection that I apparently need.

Dirty little secret. B12 deficiency is adequately treated with high dose oral B12. 1000-5000 mcg/d. Good idea to start on the injection. It gets levels up fast. Especially good if you have symptoms.

*B12 does nothing for you if you aren’t B12 deficient, despite what legend says.

Love the IWC.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Anyone have a ballpark figure on rebuilding an old pocket watch?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

You mean getting it back to working order or is there visible damage?
    You can try Moren Jewelers in Silver Spring, they would be able to do it. 301-588-5549
    Rob Moren is the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom