• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Year ago Sarco was selling off all the forward parts to build those in a kit. Relatively inexpensively to boot.
    Like a lot of things I passed them up thinking they would be around for use later on but not so much anymore.
    Shoulda coulda but didnt.....

Yep, I remember Sarco having them.
    Do you remember when they were selling all the surplus parts, to make the STEVENS 77f 12 gauge pump copies?
    It was crazy, you could by the shortened stained black buttstocks with the unobtainable red butt pad, for like $12. The only other parts you needed were the sling swivels, and barrel band. Sarco had them to for just a couple of bucks each.
    Last time I seen the Buttstock it was around $100, and didn’t have the butt pad!

So don’t feel bad, I missed the boat on both of them.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Yep, I remember Sarco having them.
    Do you remember when they were selling all the surplus parts, to make the STEVENS 77f 12 gauge pump copies?
    It was crazy, you could by the shortened stained black buttstocks with the unobtainable red butt pad, for like $12. The only other parts you needed were the sling swivels, and barrel band. Sarco had them to for just a couple of bucks each.
    Last time I seen the Buttstock it was around $100, and didn’t have the butt pad!

So don’t feel bad, I missed the boat on both of them.

Sure would like to see some these become available again, found or uncovered in the back of the ole warehouse of wackyness one day.
    Limited availability, dont wait or they'll all be gone!

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I remember when White marsh arms used to have one hanging on the wall, not for sale.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

As Bertfish said, Duffy's will transfer inch-pattern. They're about the only place I know willing to do so though.

Inch mags aren't an issue as inch receivers will accept metric mags.

I know this is a shotgun thread, but here's my Argentine Rosario Mk IV with some legit Rhodie mags that I nabbed from SARCO last year via a friend in a more free state.

End threadjack.

Attachments

• Rho1.jpg
      Rho1.jpg
      88.3 KB · Views: 241
    • Rho2.jpg
      Rho2.jpg
      114.3 KB · Views: 247

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Wrong person. The referenced person has one (maybe more). I touched it. You will be a slotted floppy if you try to take it from him.

I called dibs on that one years ago . I do get to go touch it when ever I want though.

Saw one for sale a few years back with the baby poop green paint all over at a show but the guy was way out of line on his price . They are the only 2 I have ever had my hands on .

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I don't even know what realistic pricing is. If I ever encounter one I'll decide then and there if I think it's reasonable I suppose

Wrong person. The referenced person has one (maybe more). I touched it. You will be a slotted floppy if you try to take it from him.

I called dibs on that one years ago . I do get to go touch it when ever I want though.

Saw one for sale a few years back with the baby poop green paint all over at a show but the guy was way out of line on his price . They are the only 2 I have ever had my hands on .

I touched it too.
    Out of curiosity, did he make you guys wear short shorts (Daisy Duke khakis) before you were allowed to handle it? I understand the shorts requirement, but the follow-up photo shoot was a little awkward.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I don't even know what realistic pricing is. If I ever encounter one I'll decide then and there if I think it's reasonable I suppose

One went off on GB a few month back for a little over 5K. It was also mislabeled as an FN A5 and made no mention of the words “Rhodesian” or “Military” and still went that high. Select people know what they are.

They go for stupid money at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom