• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Now is the time to buy. Whatever is coming seems like it’s going to have a larger affect on guns/ammo (price/availability) than COVID did a few months back.

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    Guns don't kill people

Just an opinion but the majority of those new gun owners probably believe that guns kill people. They have a false sense of security that just having the gun will make them and their families safe. How many of them, I wonder, have taken the time to learn how to use their firearms in a self-defense situation; how many have taken the time to learn the self-defense laws of their respective states. In Maryland it is better to let the aggressor flee because shooting the aggressor could end up being a felony if the case goes to trial. I have never shot anyone and I hope I never have to. But I keep my home defense revolver loaded and handy but, Murphy's Law, home defense situations don't conform to well-laid plans.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Now is the time to buy. Whatever is coming seems like it’s going to have a larger affect on guns/ammo (price/availability) than COVID did a few months back.

Just to repeat so nobody is kicking themselves in the ass in the next month or two.

churchmouse

May 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Never enough mags and ammo. Never.

Around here the Local Gun shops got stripped near clean when the beer virus struck. Now with this insanity it is hard to find anything in the case or on the shelves. On line ammo is getting thin as well.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just to repeat so nobody is kicking themselves in the ass in the next month or two.

I appreciate the encouragement ... but something tells me what you're going to say if I ask if you have any buckshot in stock. Does buckshot even still exist? Did it ever? Am I imaging that, as a product?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I appreciate the encouragement ... but something tells me what you're going to say if I ask if you have any buckshot in stock. Does buckshot even still exist? Did it ever? Am I imaging that, as a product?

I will by tomorrow. I’m working all my connections to obtain 00 and slugs.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

I scored 8 cases (250 shells per) of Federal 00 today!

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Just an opinion but the majority of those new gun owners probably believe that guns kill people. They have a false sense of security that just having the gun will make them and their families safe. How many of them, I wonder, have taken the time to learn how to use their firearms in a self-defense situation; how many have taken the time to learn the self-defense laws of their respective states. In Maryland it is better to let the aggressor flee because shooting the aggressor could end up being a felony if the case goes to trial. I have never shot anyone and I hope I never have to. But I keep my home defense revolver loaded and handy but, Murphy's Law, home defense situations don't conform to well-laid plans.
    Probably are a lot that haven't done this. Something else my friend and I were discussing today (as he picked up a .300 Blackout pistol and a lower, and I was getting 2 lowers), is the amount of people buying a gun and one or two boxes of ammo. Not enough to target shoot, just enough to load some mags and hoep for the best. The used gun market will be LOADED by next year...

Sirex