• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    Well I still couldn't get thru to anyone at Bud's via phone or email thru regular channels, so I emailed the VP who I've had contact with in the past. He said they are dealing with a continuing increase in orders so they are behind on orders by 2-3 weeks. That's good for them, but bad for anyone looking to get a gun quickly. I can't hold it against them that are making tons of cash, but I'm an impatient consumer so I decided to cancel the order and will re-order my next toy (1911) down the road.

And as fate would have it about an 90 mins ago the wife needed me to run to good 'ol Super Wally-Mart for some grocery items. I made a quick stop by the sporting goods section (as all manly men do), and Bob's your uncle! To my surprise the orginal HD shotgun I was looking for had just come off the truck. So about 45 mins later I'm OTD with some milk, cereal, eggs, sugar, pizza, and a tan box containing my new H&R Pardner Pump Protector. Now that's what I call one stop shopping. After reading nothing but good reviews of the P3 over the last couple of months I couldn't pass on it @ $179. I'll use the extra $ and get some more ammo :)

Attachments

• My P3-1.jpg
      My P3-1.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 259

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    Still waiting...and waiting...and waiting. My initial enamor with Bud's service is becoming frustration. 8 days and still hasn't shipped.

I don't think any gun shop is shipping fast lately! Did you pay with a credit card when you ordered or did you have to mail them a check or money order? If you mailed your payment, there have been holidays during your 8 day time frame that have affected mail delivery.

Under current circumstances, I would not suggest mail ordering guns for anybody that is impatient. If you can't wait, pay the premium price locally where you can cash and carry! I guarantee you that Buds will deliver long before the Feds get the whole Superstorm Sandy disaster aid thing figured out.

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    No I had paid with a credit card which is also part of my impatience. I hate forking over money without knowing when I'm getting a product, especially when all channels of communication are shutdown to ask questions. It seemed odd to me that they aren't answering calls or emails, but still taking your money. That's just the conspiracy theorist in me ;). I don't hold it against them, just kinda expected it to ship by now when it was paid in full and in-stock. I'll order from them again as along as the powers that be don't shutdown internet gun sales nationwide.

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    Bud's, SGAmmo, Cheaper Than Dirt.......they are all in the same boat. They are so overwhelmed with orders and inquiries that shipping is getting delayed up to 2 weeks. Although I don't necessarily agree with the tactics some of them have used to deal with being overwhelmed, I can understand why communication with them has been difficult.

My wife ordered several Muller choke tubes as a Christmas present for me several weeks before Christmas and the order is still being held up because one tube is on backorder. It sure didn't stop them from processing the credit card and taking her money almost a month ago at this point, but I understand that Jimmy Muller is a small family business and can't afford to keep a large amount of inventory. He doesn't even have the gun rush excuse because I don't think people are rushing the stores to stock up on choke tubes! I guess what I am saying is if it is so easy to get hosed by a low volume company that should not be affected by the gun rush, imagine how overwhelmed Bud's is right now. Hang tough and be patient, they are very customer service oriented, they just can't efficiently meet the demand right now.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Probably a dumb question, BUT if anyone gets a chance to take one out to the trap range, let me know how it does. Looking at getting back into shooting trap but with some other expenses I can't really spring for a $2000.00 trap gun right now.

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    I guess what I am saying is if it is so easy to get hosed by a low volume company that should not be affected by the gun rush, imagine how overwhelmed Bud's is right now. Hang tough and be patient, they are very customer service oriented, they just can't efficiently meet the demand right now.

I agree and the VP @ Bud's was great at communicating, but the store website & phones for a major internet retailer shouldn't be closed for questions because they are swamped. If they are that swamped and can't communicate with customers they should stop taking new orders until they get it under control. All the reviews were raving about fast ship times so I was expecting it in under a week.

I was also just in a hurry to get an HD shotgun before they ran out or Congress banned them :sad20:. I had been hounding the Walmarts in the tri-county region for several weeks waiting on the P3 to be in stock, when I decided to just order the Linberta as I was told it was in-stock. So it felt like longer than it really was, but I didn't want the $300+ incurring financing charges while I'm still waiting weeks to get my gun.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Looking at getting back into shooting trap but with some other expenses I can't really spring for a $2000.00 trap gun right now.

No need to. I often see used ones in very good to excellent condition for $500-$700. Trap shotguns tend to be specialized enough to not sell for a premium at many non-specialized gun shops.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Custom fitted stocks is where it's at, apparently.

Clay shooting is all about lining up body direction, gun mount/arms and focus on target, the other 80 percent of it is mental or in my case, missing is a big part of it. LMAO :thumbsup:

You can use a POS and show up anyone as long as you can focus and breath right

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Custom fitted stocks is where it's at, apparently.

Clay shooting is all about lining up body direction, gun mount/arms and focus on target, the other 80 percent of it is mental or in my case, missing is a big part of it. LMAO :thumbsup:

You can use a POS and show up anyone as long as you can focus and breath right

That's exactly what one of the trap shooters in our club said!!

Okiegunner

Jan 8, 2013
    Hello Folks,

I just joined this forum yesterday evening. This is my first post other than my new guy intro.

I do not work for Linberta. I do not work for any firearms company. I am an Okie who currently works in Texas. (contractor for an independent oil/gas company)

I have some interest in the Linberta shotguns. Next paycheck I might buy one. It is hard to find out much info about them. I read a previous post from this site about them (kind of), as it seemed to turn into a...well, not good.

I look forward to talking, discussing, firearms with you guys. As I stated in my intro, I own 4 of the politically incorrect, so-called, "assault rifles", various automatic handguns and a couple of revolvers.

Anyhow, thanks much,

Gunner

Skeej760

Jan 10, 2013
    So Cal
    thanks, looking for update on the Linberta when available

Me too. Following with interest, looking for real world experience and reviews on the Linberta tactical 12ga.

Just joined today following the bread crumbs on Google, thanks to a BudsGuns email advert pointing to them,
    which by the way, they are still out of stock as of 1/10/13.

I'd prefer an M1014, but at $2000+ if you can even find one, the home budget demands a more reasonable price, for my HD use, and
    $399 seems like deal for a gun I only expect to put a few hundred shells thru a year, if that, for practice. A fried bot a similar Stoeger for same, and looking forward to how that works, too.

I definitely appreciate all the wisdom and experience and opinions of those who have many years of hunting and clay/skeet, for how that affects the Turkish built weapons in general, and the rep of the manufacturer in particular, but to be fair, the most recent experience by an actual user, is what I am hoping to see, here.

Hello Folks,

I just joined this forum yesterday evening. This is my first post other than my new guy intro.

I do not work for Linberta. I do not work for any firearms company. I am an Okie who currently works in Texas. (contractor for an independent oil/gas company)

I have some interest in the Linberta shotguns. Next paycheck I might buy one. It is hard to find out much info about them. I read a previous post from this site about them (kind of), as it seemed to turn into a...well, not good.

I look forward to talking, discussing, firearms with you guys. As I stated in my intro, I own 4 of the politically incorrect, so-called, "assault rifles", various automatic handguns and a couple of revolvers.

Anyhow, thanks much,

Gunner

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Probably a dumb question, BUT if anyone gets a chance to take one out to the trap range, let me know how it does. Looking at getting back into shooting trap but with some other expenses I can't really spring for a $2000.00 trap gun right now.

especially when an 870 will do the exact same thing for 350 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate.... ill never understand trap guns that are more than that.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, it'll do the same exact thing and then some, take the barrel off and go into HD mode when you get back home.

A few of the "B" guns that a lot of people use are setup for trap and are around that price if not cheaper. You are paying for a name a long with better craftsmanship that will last as many hulls as you fire, and hold resale value.

Most all 'dedicated' trap guns are setup to shoot a certain way, like 80 percent high point of aim since you would be focused on the bird that is constantly rising (trap) and don't want your barrel to cover it up such as a typical field gun that shoots a 50/50 pattern would. Having the right shotgun improves your game if you are into getting better, but a lot obviously relies on the person.

Affording a $2,000 gun is fairly cheap in the long run, I couldn't afford a $15,000 dedicated gun.

SalemCat

Jan 10, 2013
    I'm picking up my 01LSTAC Saturday from my FFL. I won't be shooting it until April, most likely.

I've never been to a regular Range; the only times I've shot were when I was in the National Guard. And those were M16's, M60's, 1911's, and the M2. Never a Shotgun.

What's the etiquette if someone asks to fire it ? At 50 cents to $1 a shell, I'm not all that keen at letting strangers fire away endlessly. On the other hand I don't want to be known as a jerk.

Advice ?

SalemCat

Jan 10, 2013
    Bud's has the 01LSTAC In Stock, for the first time in a long time.

Picked mine up - it looks fine. No shooting yet, tho.

Marked on it is "BUYUK HUGLU." This must be the actual Factory. There's even a Web Site: http://www.buyukhuglu.com/english/bayilerimiz.asp

Also, when I was at my FFL he showed me a different Turkish Shotgun, very similar to the Linberta - just a different stock. I did not copy the brand name down, though.

I'm hoping the Linberta and its siblings become more common, as that would sure help with parts down the road.

Here's their Brochure:

http://www.buyukhuglu.com/BuyukHuglu_2012_broch.pdf

The Linberta Semi-Auto Shotguns being imported top out at 5+1 Shells. But if you inspect the Brochure, a 7+1 version is manufactured. I have no idea if this can be retro-fitted, or is legal to import or own. If it is, it would be a nice upgrade.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom