• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    While everything you've said here is perfectly accurate, the original poster did use the **first half** of his post to indicate he had an idea of what was legal and to imply that he didn't intend to break the law and his question was that of reinforcing his understanding. He never implied intent or said a word about going below legal length, those well intentioned comments were ALL made by others.

To me, and not to be the wet blanket here and not trying to be abrasive, but merely objective, the whole thing was a knee-jerk reaction to the word "saw" and the meat of the original post was sorta overlooked in the ensuing riot . . . :shocked2:

IMO, it is quite prudent to be cautious, it's quite another to let paranoia run rampant and color our understanding of the actual question. . .

:beer:

Knee jerk reactions or conditioned responses due to previous experiences is not paranoia. DorGunR's reaction is completly understandable, even if it was misplaced IMO.

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    Mr Shell I'm sorry if my response offended anyone, especially Mr JHC3 as that was not my intent. What raised a red flag for me was the question in conjunction with first post, again I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

BUT.........another thing that bothers me is posting reloading data for a specific round, this leaves the poster open for some trouble should someone take this data, loads a round and this round causes a malfunction (explosion) in their weapon. When someone asks me about reloading data for a specific round I refer them to a reloading manual. Knee jerk? Perhaps.

zkaboom.jpg

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Knee jerk reactions or conditioned responses due to previous experiences is not paranoia. DorGunR's reaction is completly understandable, even if it was misplaced IMO.

Mr Shell I'm sorry if my response offended anyone, especially Mr JHC3 as that was not my intent. What raised a red flag for me was the question in conjunction with first post, again I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Points taken guys. :cool:

Again, I'm not trying to stir the pot, but only seek to read what is actually written and to be objective.

DorGunR, my name is "Ed" to you. :)

BUT.........another thing that bothers me is posting reloading data for a specific round, this leaves the poster open for some trouble should someone take this data, loads a round and this round causes a malfunction (explosion) in their weapon. When someone asks me about reloading data for a specific round I refer them to a reloading manual. Knee jerk? Perhaps.

Another topic, to be sure, but I DO agree 100% with your premise and would not likely apply the knee-jerk label to this situation of assumed liability as I have to the one above.

:beer:

sniper350

Oct 18, 2007
    Maryland
    it's quite another to let paranoia run rampant

Not to get too far off topic ........but you are aware that every posted e-mail to the Internet is "reviewed" by the Government. Not just "many" or a "few" or just "some" BUT "EVERY ONE".

Think about it .........the next time you e-mail a friend about "personal information".

Yep....... I am paraniod, but for good reason -smile-

JF.

sniper350

Oct 18, 2007
    Maryland
    The "nets" set out to capture Tuna ........killed alot of Dolphins by accident !

I just don't want to become one of those Dolphins ! Do you ?

JF.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Not to get too far off topic ........but you are aware that every posted e-mail to the Internet is "reviewed" by the Government. Not just "many" or a "few" or just "some" BUT "EVERY ONE".

Think about it .........the next time you e-mail a friend about "personal information".

Yep....... I am paraniod, but for good reason -smile-

JF.

LOL, we were off topic two pages back - sorry JHC . . .

I AM aware, but, for some reason, that just doesn't bother me with regard to personal safety. The unconstitutional invasion of privacy, and liberties taken with our liberties in the name of this "homeland security" cover story pisses me off to no small extent, but, I DO stay on the right side of the thin line, and am actually a relatively open book, and am really not hard to find at all.

I have long been tired of "hiding for my rights", like so many tend to do. If less people acted like they were doing something wrong when they're not, maybe our *representatives* (NOT "leaders") would get a clue. :sad20:

Likely the odd bird in civilian shooting circles, I know my rights and exercise them to their legal extent. I will even admit to owning a gun or two of my own, right here, right now. I regularly shoot with, and associate freely with, FBI and Secret Service guys, our state and local police, as well as with USMC and police snipers from other states. I work at Quantico from time to time coaching some of these guys, and helping out with the Wounded Warrior CMP shoots and my cover is thoroughly blown anyway. I just shot a two day tactical (OMG!!) match with/against a whole pile of those jack-booted thug types and didn't feel paranoid or even anything but satisfaction at running with the pack of pretty skilled guys at my age/condition and a little thirsty.

[/rant] Now, just where ARE my damn meds . . . :o ;)

LOL, Norton, ain't that the truth. . .:D

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    LOL, we were off topic two pages back - sorry JHC . . .

I AM aware, but, for some reason, that just doesn't bother me with regard to personal safety. The unconstitutional invasion of privacy, and liberties taken with our liberties in the name of this "homeland security" cover story pisses me off to no small extent, but, I DO stay on the right side of the thin line, and am actually a relatively open book, and am really not hard to find at all.

I have long been tired of "hiding for my rights", like so many tend to do. If less people acted like they were doing something wrong when they're not, maybe our *representatives* (NOT "leaders") would get a clue. :sad20:

Likely the odd bird in civilian shooting circles, I know my rights and exercise them to their legal extent. I will even admit to owning a gun or two of my own, right here, right now. I regularly shoot with, and associate freely with, FBI and Secret Service guys, our state and local police, as well as with USMC and police snipers from other states. I work at Quantico from time to time coaching some of these guys, and helping out with the Wounded Warrior CMP shoots and my cover is thoroughly blown anyway. I just shot a two day tactical (OMG!!) match with/against a whole pile of those jack-booted thug types and didn't feel paranoid or even anything but satisfaction at running with the pack of pretty skilled guys at my age/condition and a little thirsty.

[/rant] Now, just where ARE my damn meds . . . :o ;)

LOL, Norton, ain't that the truth. . .:D

ED
    I think it cool that you are able to do all those things. :thumbsup: and I'm not hard to find either.........but I still remember Ruby Ridge and Waco ..........so I tend to err on the side of caution. :)

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    lol @ dorgunr! i totally was feeling the same way as you, but after the guy clarified his intentions.. (at least he was asking about legality... if he said "how short is safe to cut the gun" i may have been more concerned..

go buy a used 18.5" slug barrel. Easy to swap in and out. I have 2 remington 870's and i have 4 total barrels. 2 short full open slug barrels, one 24" and one 28" full choke shot tubes... i can hunt deer, birds, criminals, zombies... whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom