• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KYtoMD

Mar 23, 2017
    MD
    I said it upthread, and I'll say it again. It appears as if the Stag ambi charging handled are the unbranded Radian Raptor charging handles. Considering that a Raptor goes for around $80 each, getting the Stag version for $15 each is a smoking deal.

They are not Radian Raptors. Radian themselves confirmed that they used to make them for Stag but no longer do as of about 4 months ago, and that these are knockoffs.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They are not Radian Raptors. Radian themselves confirmed that they used to make them for Stag but no longer do as of about 4 months ago, and that these are knockoffs.
    Stag claims they are US-made knockoffs, which is arguably even worse due to patent considerations. I am also a little skeptical that it's true for that reason. That said, it was impressive to see everyone convincing themselves that they were getting legit Radian Raptors for $15. Too good to be true, guys, too good to be true.

I dunno if anyone's brought up the SiCo 25% off sale yet, but the FREESHIP code still works if you have a smaller order.

LaRue is doing their once-a-year mount sale at 9AM EST today. I know I'm gonna be looking at their 34mm mounts for the XTR II 1.5-8x DFP scope I bought.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    knock-off charging handle

I ran into a knock off charging handle while trouble shooting a friends build ... gas key hole was larger than mil spec and placed lower causing handle to hit the gas key. This was about 18 months ago so hopefully dimensions have been adjusted.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The Chinese have been selling fake Raptor charging handles on DH Gate for years. Considering the Stag deal is “pre-order” I guarantee the units are being manufactured in China.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Chinese have been selling fake Raptor charging handles on DH Gate for years. Considering the Stag deal is “pre-order” I guarantee the units are being manufactured in China.
    To be fair, the pre-order thing is their back-order... they were in stock previously. But I agree that the most likely explanation is that someone is lying - be it Stag or their supplier.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Was anyone able to get a handle ordered before they went back-order? If so please report on the quality when you get it.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I'll pay the extra 7 bucks to ensure that I'm not using a "toy" on a real gun.

Not a toy regardless of what they say to get past Aliexpress's TOS
    https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...&orderId=95642224505479&productId=32906004956

These iron sights are amazing too...
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...062.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dm3m4R9

I bought both and love them.

This handguard on the other hand needed some massaging to fit. Once installed I like it better than any of the Magpul stuff.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CAA...896.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dm3m4R9

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    LaRue sale is live - 20% off mounts. You can get their new CAN mount with rings for about $120 shipped, which is pretty damn great for a LaRue mount.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Sig M400 guns have kind of a so-so reputation.

The Sig 516s, on the other hand, are pretty well thought-of, and have a relatively good piston system (the first-gen versions were direct LWRC copies, in fact). That's why people jumped all over this deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom