• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    i was at elk neck w/ sje shooting skeet. he shot 5 rounds out of my charles daly. then i fired 5. he went to shoot again and it didnt shoot. lately i've had problems w/ that gun. so he popped the unspent shell out and tried the next shell. didnt work either. we looked @ the shells that were shot and they have a big dent in them like they should. the ones that didn't fire had a small almost non noticeable mark left on them. then we thought something was jammed inside so we hit it on the ground w/ the but a few times (not hard at all) then we tried again. well now it doesn't make contact at all. I don't know what part i need. i'm not sure if it is under warranty. It should be since i bought it back in June or July of last year.

http://www.charlesdaly.com/HTML/publications/warranty.asp

this is the kicker why i dont think its covered

This warranty does not cover repairs related to unreasonable use, corrosion, failure to provide proper maintenance, damaged or shopworn display guns, gun barrels damaged by an obstructed bore, guns damaged in shipment due to improper packing and handling, or wear of any parts including finishes of metal, wood, camo or chrome.

this is the model i have:
    http://www.charlesdaly.com/HTML/Details/dynamic_details.asp?ModLink=CDGK1149

so basically:
    Whats the problematic part
    Is it under warranty
    How do i fix it
    What part(s) will i need (hyperlink to parts)

please help!!! Thanks.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sounds like it should be a fairly simple problem with a little luck. Might just be a broken or obstructed firing pin. I don't know much about Charles Daly though, beyond that they import a lot of their guns. Some imported guns like Turks are noted for improper heat treating and brittle parts. I would give Jack at Jack's Gun Works a call. If he can help you over the phone he will. And if you need to bring it in, he's very reasonable. 410-939-6082.

Might be covered under the warranty as well if it's a broken firing pin, as I suspect it might be. Given the half-ass warranties a lot of companies have (you pay shipping and a "handling" fee, etc.) might be cheaper to just go local. I don't know what theirs is like.

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    lol you're so funny scott. you can't take a joke lol. mommy and daddy's house- you didnt move out til you were 21 i'm not even 20 yet so that pretty hypocritical. plus no one is giving me money for down payment. g/f is a water buffallo lol wtf

My point is think before you talk. You are not in the same financial situation as me. the money you work for goes into your pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom