• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I just bought a Stoeger Condor 28" 12 guage, much like the Remington Spartan its a foreign manufactured shotgun, though its Brazilian not Russian like the Spartan.

Its extractor only unlike the Spartan's ejector/extractor, but I like to not send my shells flying so I don't mind that.

It takes Mossberg 500/Browning Invector/Winchoke chokes, it came with a IC and a M, I have just ordered a Skeet choke to go with it, I figure I'll be good with one Skeet and one IC for shooting skeet which is 90% of how I intend to use it.

It has an automatic safety reset which I hate however I have acquired very simple instructions for disabling this (if any of you buy a condor let me know and I'll forward them to you).

The gun feels great in my hands, its solid but not to heavy and in general points well, I'll get it out to the skeet range next week hopefully and let you know how she does.

I do have some questions about chokes as this is my first choked shotgun, what chokes would I need for trap should I wish to give that a try? should I get a second skeet choke or is having the first barrel skeet and second IC a good setup? if I wanted to hunt ducks in the future (after I get my skeet scores up for sure, but duck is just about the tastiest thing ever and I'd love to take my own) what chokes would I want for that? General duck hunting info would be great (I know a little... wade through muck, set up decoys duck calls and whatnot, but nothing specific, I'd want an experienced guide with me if I did go out.)

I really like the gun, and every one I have spoken to who owns one does as well, and I figure even if I buy and expensive O/U in the future, I'll probably prefer to drag the $300 one through the muck instead of the $3000 one.

coolhand567

Apr 9, 2007
    Manassas, VA
    I have a Condor 12 GA. also and love it - except for the automatic safety. I would appreciate the instructions on how to disable this. I have only used it for skeet and sporting clays, but intend to use it for grouse this fall and maybe duck hunting if I can get my buddy to take me along with him.
    thanks

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    Dave McCracken over on THR recommended picking up chokes in Improved Cylinder, Full, and Skeet sizes back when I got my 870 to handle most things you can think of. I'm still not clear which is used for what though :innocent0

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I have a Condor 12 GA. also and love it - except for the automatic safety. I would appreciate the instructions on how to disable this. I have only used it for skeet and sporting clays, but intend to use it for grouse this fall and maybe duck hunting if I can get my buddy to take me along with him.
    thanks

sent

let me know how it goes if you do some bird hunting

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Dave McCracken over on THR recommended picking up chokes in Improved Cylinder, Full, and Skeet sizes back when I got my 870 to handle most things you can think of. I'm still not clear which is used for what though :innocent0

Well with 2 barrels I have more options, having the second barrel slightly more choked as the second shot is usually a longer shot. Since IC is only slightly more constricted than a skeet choke I figured going skeet -> IC I'll do well at close ranges... trap however I am unsure of... I hear its mostly a matter of how you play, if you take them right out of the house you want more open chokes, if you like to take your time and line it up you go tighter... I was hoping for someone to clarify a beginners standard, as I'm sure I'll try trap sometime.

Last edited:

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I got this bad boy out and shot some skeet with it last night, I did pretty good (considering I've been shooting skeet for all of a month now) I like the gun, it handles well. Its a little harder to break than the Beretta I had been renting, but thats not a problem in the least, and now I know what chokes are in it.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I got this bad boy out and shot some skeet with it last night, I did pretty good (considering I've been shooting skeet for all of a month now) I like the gun, it handles well. Its a little harder to break than the Beretta I had been renting, but thats not a problem in the least, and now I know what chokes are in it.

How much did you pay for that price, I was looking at that at bass pro the other night..

is it fill out and paperwork and walk out the same day with this model ? if so..I might consider that.

I was wondering about the 870, how does it compare to it ?

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    either shotgun should be out the door in 20 minutes, I paid 300 for it, that seems to be rather standard.

I love the gun, 400-500 shells through it with no problems whatsoever.

an 870 wingmaster is a nice shotgun as well, but I'm shooting skeet, I don't need the added pressure of pumping on doubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom