Nikon Warranty Service. Anyone ever deal with them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I have a Nikon P-223 4-12x40 that I had tried sighting in at the beginning of the year. At 25 yards had windage close and elevation about 2.5" highs. Put gun back in case when we jumped target out to 100 yards pulled it back out and took a few shots. By the time I found my self on paper I was aiming 30" below point of impact. Tried to adjust scope up knowing I would run out of adjustment but still did. Not much improvement dismounted and remounted scope at bench double checked a mounting points at brackets and scope. Still a no go.

So gave that up for the day wasn't safe to be shooting through that scope in my personal opinion. Came home took scope off gun and shipped it to Nikon for service. Just received it back yesterday with attached paper. Having hard time understanding what they did and if it was the scope or not because after a few emails during the waiting with no real response to what the problem was. Here is top of paper. And bottom that the way I read it says I have 15 days to make a claim if there is still a problem. Is this the was you guys interpret that. So can anyone maybe give me some clarity if possible of what they did.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 172
    • IMG_4237.jpg
      IMG_4237.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 168

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Well I guess no body yet has had to deal with them but I also have another problem if the 15 days is to verify if the scope is fixed if that is what that little notice on the bottom means. I am screwed because it says from time of shipment which was 1/27 and 15 days would be 2/10. And this past week at work I tore three ligaments in my right shoulder and I am out of business on that side for 8-12 weeks at least. Does anyone know if blue fins will mount and bore sight a scope that was not bought in there store. Normally I would do it my self but can't right know.

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    I can't quite make out what is going on with that paperwork, but some years back I sent them a scope that I had gotten second hand. I was seeing a double image but it was subtle. They mailed me back a new Monarch scope; no questions asked.

I was impressed!

MG

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I have a Nikon P-223 4-12x40 that I had tried sighting in at the beginning of the year. At 25 yards had windage close and elevation about 2.5" highs. Put gun back in case when we jumped target out to 100 yards pulled it back out and took a few shots. By the time I found my self on paper I was aiming 30" below point of impact. Tried to adjust scope up knowing I would run out of adjustment but still did. Not much improvement dismounted and remounted scope at bench double checked a mounting points at brackets and scope. Still a no go.

So gave that up for the day wasn't safe to be shooting through that scope in my personal opinion. Came home took scope off gun and shipped it to Nikon for service. Just received it back yesterday with attached paper. Having hard time understanding what they did and if it was the scope or not because after a few emails during the waiting with no real response to what the problem was. Here is top of paper. And bottom that the way I read it says I have 15 days to make a claim if there is still a problem. Is this the was you guys interpret that. So can anyone maybe give me some clarity if possible of what they did.

Hard to say what they found and/or adjusted or replaced from the supplied sheet. The nitrogen reference though would certainly lead me to believe that they did indeed open and access the internals of the scope.

They're certainly vague on the 15 day reference also. But I tend to think that particular reference has more to do with receiving your warranty claim scope damaged in return shipping than anything else. I honestly can't imagine Nikon meaning otherwise.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    I have for camera lenses. My 70-200 f/2.8 was $600 to service and came back in immaculate condition. My 24-70 f/2.8 on the other hand... I sent back multiple times for focusing issues. To the point that they just sent it back to me saying "tested and working 100%" even though it wasn't working correctly on my camera. If the other three lenses I had weren't working perfectly, I'd have assumed my body was the issue but no such luck.

Anyways, yeah, they've been fast and efficient GENERALLY.

Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    Nikon is good to deal with. I would not worry about 15 day comment.

Also they said they adjusted something. It should be good to go

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    I had a Nikon range finder that stopped working. Their electronic products don't carry the lifetime warranty. I sent it to Nikon hoping it wouldn't cost much to repair. After a few weeks they called and said it would be $150 to repair it. I only paid $179 for it new! I told them now way I was paying $150 and that I would just buy a new one from a different manufacturer. I told them to send it back. Funny thing.... when I got it back it worked again!! I'm guessing they had already made the repair while diagnosing the problem because it was something simple. It still works today.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Well thank you guys I really appreciate and pointing out the nitrogen reference that's makes complete sense I guess in a couple months I will be able to find our for sure. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom