• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Most of those groups are funded by a few billionaires-Michael Bloomberg, Bill Gates, Steve Balmer to name a few.

I remembered these names but a quick search confirmed, as well as more

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emmago...llionaires-who-back-gun-control/#75901e8d7d9e

It is funny when some confused people say the NRA support is "old white guys" when the dat clearly shows otherwise, in fact NRA support is growing and broadening demographics -- and it is the people giving money to gun control lobby that are all very old white guys!

The gun control lobby is now up to 250 to 300 paid full time professionals spread across 35 organizations. It has one c3 charitable group whose main activity is teaching other gun control lobby groups how to use c3 status to fund most of the political activities.

this is part of the reason these groups are rebranding from "gun control" as "gun safety."

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    in fact NRA support is growing and broadening demographics

Hopefully it is only a matter of time till this growing and broadening group realizes that Democrat=GunGrabber, without exception, and changes their voting patterns to match.

I recently took the DC CCW training at MSAR. The class was 85% black, and the general customer-base at the range was probably about the same. I was thrilled to see so many non-white males exercising their 2A rights. But of that 85%, how many do you think still vote for Dems, time after time?

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Hopefully it is only a matter of time till this growing and broadening group realizes that Democrat=GunGrabber, without exception, and changes their voting patterns to match.

I recently took the DC CCW training at MSAR. The class was 85% black, and the general customer-base at the range was probably about the same. I was thrilled to see so many non-white males exercising their 2A rights. But of that 85%, how many do you think still vote for Dems, time after time?

They were probably getting CCW as an armed guard (nothing to do with 2A rights). Changing voting choices is very hard for most people even if they know they should.

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    They were probably getting CCW as an armed guard (nothing to do with 2A rights). Changing voting choices is very hard for most people even if they know they should.

I have to challenge your conclusion. Just as others draw conclusions that "all 2A proponents are deranged violent gun nuts", be careful with the generalizations. If they/we are taking the class and paying the cost to apply, then they/we already defy the generalizations about us (unemployed uneducated felons). Remember DC background check and qualifications (mental health, drugs, violence, criminal history) are probably very thorough.

I have never registered with a political party, and have always advocated for the protection of all constitutional rights especially 2A.

I'm not sure what the percentage of registered voters to elegible population in the are is, but I believe that if black folks were as baught and paid for as some believe, Miss Hillary would be president (I'm glad that didn't happen)

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I have to challenge your conclusion. Just as others draw conclusions that "all 2A proponents are deranged violent gun nuts", be careful with the generalizations. If they/we are taking the class and paying the cost to apply, then they/we already defy the generalizations about us (unemployed uneducated felons). Remember DC background check and qualifications (mental health, drugs, violence, criminal history) are probably very thorough.

I have never registered with a political party, and have always advocated for the protection of all constitutional rights especially 2A.

I'm not sure what the percentage of registered voters to elegible population in the are is, but I believe that if black folks were as baught and paid for as some believe, Miss Hillary would be president (I'm glad that didn't happen)

No for the most part they are but they just saw thru all her BS and liked what Trump had to say. I believe he even pulled out the old, "what have you got to lose?"

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC

The instructor had the people taking the course for the MD W&C guard permit raise their hands. Only one out of a class of 18.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    During the WH press briefing today (Tuesday), Sarah Sanders said that President Trump backs National Reciprocity and he's looking at which version (House or Senate) is best.

That's the first I've heard that.

Could be a hopeful sign.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If he is really going have Justice and ATF ban bump stocks, he better push National Recip or he will have a lot of splaining to do.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    No for the most part they are but they just saw thru all her BS and liked what Trump had to say. I believe he even pulled out the old, "what have you got to lose?"

The only thing I can add to this is anecdotal evidence. I had a black colleague who grew up in the inner city, is a very diligent conscientious hard worker who joined the NRA after being affected by the FSA2013. He hated O'Malley and thought the rain tax and his gun law was terrible. I remember him grumbling the entire time about having to get an HQL just so he could defend himself from a home invasion in his inner city home.

Then he voted for Anthony Brown, who was basically a black version of O'Malley instead of the moderate Hogan. I repeatedly tried to show him that gun laws would only get worse under Brown. He would respond that Republicans don't care about black people and that he's not a single issue voter. There was no convincing this guy. Same deal with Hillary. He voted for her over Trump. Ironically the fact that he voted for Brown just proved that he is a single-issue voter...race.

I've also had the same experiences with black Army vet friends. They're all very politically moderate when it comes to policy, but still continue to vote blindly D. The only thing I can say is that the military and the police is actually where you will find significantly more black Republican voters when compared to the general population, but they are still in the minority.

Old cultural habits die hard.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If he is really going have Justice and ATF ban bump stocks, he better push National Recip or he will have a lot of splaining to do.

I see this correlation by many. It is a relevance fallacy. No idea why people believe A requires or justifies B.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    The only thing I can add to this is anecdotal evidence. I had a black colleague who grew up in the inner city, is a very diligent conscientious hard worker who joined the NRA after being affected by the FSA2013. He hated O'Malley and thought the rain tax and his gun law was terrible. I remember him grumbling the entire time about having to get an HQL just so he could defend himself from a home invasion in his inner city home.

Then he voted for Anthony Brown, who was basically a black version of O'Malley instead of the moderate Hogan. I repeatedly tried to show him that gun laws would only get worse under Brown. He would respond that Republicans don't care about black people and that he's not a single issue voter. There was no convincing this guy. Same deal with Hillary. He voted for her over Trump. Ironically the fact that he voted for Brown just proved that he is a single-issue voter...race.

I've also had the same experiences with black Army vet friends. They're all very politically moderate when it comes to policy, but still continue to vote blindly D. The only thing I can say is that the military and the police is actually where you will find significantly more black Republican voters when compared to the general population, but they are still in the minority.

Old cultural habits die hard.

Same goes for non-Orthodox Jews. They blindly vote Democrat no matter what.

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    Same goes for non-Orthodox Jews. They blindly vote Democrat no matter what.

Even after Obama tried to destroy US relationship with Israel, gave taxpayer money to try to defeat Bibi (talk about meddling in an election!) and gave a country that thinks Israel should be wiped off the map billions of dollars? And Democrats have multiple people with ties to Nation of Islam-Obama, Ellison, I think Pelosi now too.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

well in DC Republicans and Independents registering Dems means our vote counts locally since the Dem primaries are the only votes that count for practical purposes.

I am registered Dem in DC , because this allows me to vote straight GOP in the general election, or in rare cases for the least left Democrat in close general elections -- but it also allows me to vote for the most centrist candidates on the mayor, council, BoD, and other offices in the primaries that if I was registered GOP I would not be able to vote in.

By doing this I am able to fully vote for every Republican when they are up against a Democrat, but am also able to vote in a way that allows me to push the Dem primary winner, who is a slam dunk to win the general anyway, to the more centrist candidate.

this is not uncommon among Democrats in >20 point red jurisdictions, and Republicans in >20 blue jurisdictions.

As far as the African America vote, the GOP had been increasing its share for I believe 20 years until Obama. All out identity politics is counterproductive. the: oppose Obama=racist meme was one of the nastier narratives I've seen pushed in my lifetime. but frankly I can't say I considered it some kind of giant dysfunction that African Americans voted for him at such high percentages. No one from my ancestral ethnicity has ever been elected Us president and I'd be lying if I said I would not be pushed toward them a bit out of pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom