• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Too busy with their new Bullpup Shotgun

Anyone know if IWI left PA? Said they were moving shop weeks ago

I dont think that they left PA: https://www.ammoland.com/2017/11/iw...es-move-to-new-larger-facility/#axzz54dcd68JN

IWI US will relocate from Lower Paxton Township to Lower Swatara Township in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania to accommodate demand for its products.

Harrisburg, Pa. (Ammoland.com) – IWI US, Inc., a subsidiary of Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) Ltd., announced this week through local media its plans to move to a larger facility in a neighboring township.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2017/11/iw...es-move-to-new-larger-facility/#ixzz54dd7uZel
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Employees at the current facility are expected to transfer to the new, larger facility. Flack indicated that the company will be hiring before the end of 2017 and plans to double the employee base in the next several years.

Lots of winning there.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Unfortunately, the Tavor shotgun doesn't seem to be MD legal due to the revolving magazine. The MSP banned the SRM 1216 for that. IMHO, I think it's a stretch (cylinder in the law's context was supposed to be a revolver cylinder), but until someone fights it, that's how it is.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I'm definitely in for this one. When Kel Tec came out with the RFB, my first thought was, "too bad it's a Kel Tec". Now that IWI is making one of a better design (I'm a lefty), I'm going to be all over this. They are showing them at Shotshow; I'm betting an MSRP of ~$2400.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Street price of $1999 or thereabouts? Or $1850? Maybe say by summer, end of summer? I'm totally into this rifle as I missed the boat on a pre-FSA Tavor.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Main reason I have held off getting a bullpup (either Tavor or MDR Desert tech) is the MD requirement for OAL. I do not want to have to pin a condom on my rifle. I want the option of threaded barrel so I can suppress myself.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Unless I hallucinated, I think IWI-US said they were going to have a ~20" version of the Tavor 7 eventually, which should make OAL here (and in CA). I think they realized the perma-pinned RS versions of the Tavor/X95 were dumb.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Sorry Gunny, forgot you're in free America, and OAL is not an issue. Us subjects must wait for a "crown" approved version.

Q

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Took an IWI taught Tavor tactical carbine course on May 5th & 6th. The IWI instructor told the class the Tavor 7 was slated for delivery in “2 months”. Looks like they missed their previously stated first quarter 2018 release. Also no word on a MD compliant version yet (only 26-1/2” currently). Bummer on both issues.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I held one at Sports Inc in Phoenix this year. It really didnt feel noticeably heavier than the 5.56. At least that I can remember. Neat rifle but I can't let anything compete for my meager ammo budget with my M1A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom