• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Back when I lived in MD I would ship to the UPS store. Right across the PA line, easiest way to do it. And yes, some stores require your billing address be in a free state but not all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

730waters

Apr 20, 2013
    Rising Sun, Md
    Magazines

Why not just take a day and drive to Cabelas in Christiana, DE and pick up all of the magazines that you want. You may pay a little bit more, but you can get all of them that you want and pick up anything else that you may need. it is located 3 minutes off of I95

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    At least from where I live, LA few stores in VA are not much farther than a UPS store, and they take orders that can be picked up. I think one store in Leesburg knows many of us personally. Really should be an IP. :lol2:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Why not just take a day and drive to Cabelas in Christiana, DE and pick up all of the magazines that you want. You may pay a little bit more, but you can get all of them that you want and pick up anything else that you may need. it is located 3 minutes off of I95

This isn't always an option if you are looking for something outside the norm. Sure you can go and pick up AR mags or 10-22 mags, but if you want to find a standard mag for a VZ, or a Suomi M31, or something a bit more exotic, you aren't going to be able to go into a big box sporting good store and pull one off the shelf... it takes some Google-Fu.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air

A lot of people don't want to take a day off work to drive to Cabelas in DE. That sounds like a shit day. Especially when you have no idea what they will have in stock. Like the other guy said, if you want anything more unique than AR15 and 10/22 mags, you need to Google-fu! Having a PO box where you can ship stuff anytime an insane internet deal pops up, is really convenient. And let's be honest, the internet is far and away the absolute best place to find deals. Would you rather by 10pmags for $70 shipped or go to some gun show and haggle with a fudd about the price of one banged up old Okay magazine.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    There is an even easier method. Put your street address AND your PO box number on the shipping info. Then the USPS doesn't hold up your package for further research.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Make sure that you put the address you want it delivered to FIRST. Carrier said they have to deliver to first line of address. If you have stret address first they will del to that

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Back when I lived in MD I would ship to the UPS store. Right across the PA line, easiest way to do it. And yes, some stores require your billing address be in a free state but not all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That works, just ship it to the UPS store in Shrewsbury. Call em, give them your number to call when it arrives, get the street address, use your name as the addressee and they charge you $5 for the service when you pick up. Oh.. it has to be shipped by UPS, not USPS or Fedex..

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I can't find it now but MSP issued a guidance a while back addressing this. The upshot was that even if you have the >10 round magazines shipped out of state to pick up, you're still purchasing while in Maryland and thus, breaking the law. I might have read it wrong, but that's what I understood.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I can't find it now but MSP issued a guidance a while back addressing this. The upshot was that even if you have the >10 round magazines shipped out of state to pick up, you're still purchasing while in Maryland and thus, breaking the law. I might have read it wrong, but that's what I understood.

That only concerned the purchase a firearm, if the sale of the firearm included a banned magazine, one could not ship it to another state to avoid the law. If the mag was part of the purchase, then you couldn't have the mags shipped to your brother out of state. There is and never has been a law that denies you the right to purchase greater than 10 round mags while out of state. The same law does not prevent you from taking into your possession greater than 10 round mags while you are out of the state of Maryland.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    That only concerned the purchase a firearm, if the sale of the firearm included a banned magazine, one could not ship it to another state to avoid the law. If the mag was part of the purchase, then you couldn't have the mags shipped to your brother out of state. There is and never has been a law that denies you the right to purchase greater than 10 round mags while out of state. The same law does not prevent you from taking into your possession greater than 10 round mags while you are out of the state of Maryland.

I understood that, but I thought you could not purchase the normal capacity mags in state even if they're shipped out of state. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

In any case, it seems easier and probably more enjoyable just to drive to a FFL in PA, WV or VA to get what you need and meet some folk, than to maintain a PO box and still have to do the drive anyway.

God, this state's gun laws are stupid. :mad54:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I understood that, but I thought you could not purchase the normal capacity mags in state even if they're shipped out of state. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

In any case, it seems easier and probably more enjoyable just to drive to a FFL in PA, WV or VA to get what you need and meet some folk, than to maintain a PO box and still have to do the drive anyway.

God, this state's gun laws are stupid. :mad54:

No. It's not illegal and stop trying to say it is. This has come up before and each time it's been shown to be perfectly legal. If you don't want to do it, then that's fine, but stop with the passive aggressive nature of your argument. There is no law in the state of Maryland that prevents you from purchasing or receiving >10 round mags when you are out of the state of Maryland.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    No. It's not illegal and stop trying to say it is. This has come up before and each time it's been shown to be perfectly legal. If you don't want to do it, then that's fine, but stop with the passive aggressive nature of your argument. There is no law in the state of Maryland that prevents you from purchasing or receiving >10 round mags when you are out of the state of Maryland.

Holy cow! Chill out, Bub.

Try reading my posts. I said I wasn't sure and could be misunderstanding it, and so that seems to be the case.

You stop with the aggressive (sans passive) outburst to someone trying to help and know what's right and best.

Sheesh.

Crap like this is why I hardly come to this site any more.

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013

True. But if I'm sitting at my computer WHILE IN MD, and hit 'buy', I'm purchasing while in MD. Even if they are shipped from somewhere out of state to some where else for pickup.
    Which IS illegal, correct?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    True. But if I'm sitting at my computer WHILE IN MD, and hit 'buy', I'm purchasing while in MD. Even if they are shipped from somewhere out of state to some where else for pickup.
    Which IS illegal, correct?

Use a phone on airplane mode , connected to WiFi through a VPN to the state you are shipping to.

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    Use a phone on airplane mode , connected to WiFi through a VPN to the state you are shipping to.

Understood, lots of ways to 'hide' the purchase. Was just insuring I understood the actual law. Previous posts implied this is not illegal.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD

That was the gist of the advisory and I feel it's intent does convey over to banned mag purchases since you are physically buying the magazine in MD. I don't remember reading any legal based arguments about it. When I ordered standard capacity mags I just did it from work in WV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom