• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I have a good friend who is installing tricon sight on his glock. Does anyone have a sight pusher he/I can borrow for the task?
    Thanks

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have a good friend who is installing tricon sight on his glock. Does anyone have a sight pusher he/I can borrow for the task?
    Thanks

What model and where is Urbana in relation to Pax River?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I used a plastic 1/4 rod and the rear sight came right out and the new one went in just fine. I too went looking for a sight pusher, but many folks told me it's just as easy to do with a piece of plastic. And they were right.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Glock 23 .40 cal and Im in Frederick friend is in the Silver Spring Area. Kind of far from there.

Yup. That is a bit far.

I'm not sure if I have a pusher that will work for a 23 but if I do, and you haven't found one by the time I get back to Maryland on Tuesday, I'll mail it to you.

I'll pay to ship to you if you pay to ship back to me?

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    Yup. That is a bit far.

I'm not sure if I have a pusher that will work for a 23 but if I do, and you haven't found one by the time I get back to Maryland on Tuesday, I'll mail it to you.

I'll pay to ship to you if you pay to ship back to me?
    Thanks a lot. I'll let you know. My friend is hoping for something before wednesday. He is bringing it to Engage then.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Thanks a lot. I'll let you know. My friend is hoping for something before wednesday. He is bringing it to Engage then.

Not a problem. If he is close enough to Engage, that would be a good route to take.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    That is typical of Glock sights. Carefully file the sight until you can push it almost halfway. Then use the brass punch and hammer to push it the rest of the way.

A sight pusher may damage it if it is that tight. You will need to file it anyway.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i've used either wooden or nylon dowels (and a hammer) to take off & install rear sights on a bunch of glocks with no issues.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    presumably you loosened the hex screw on top of the rear sight? if you're not the original owner maybe the original owner used some Loctite and heat is needed?

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I beat a brass punch all the way down to it's grip installing the Apex USB on my M&P9, just keep at it.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    presumably you loosened the hex screw on top of the rear sight? if you're not the original owner maybe the original owner used some Loctite and heat is needed?

AFAIK... There are no screws on any stock Glock rear sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom