• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Normal handgun magazine capacities, while outlawing normal rifle magazine capacities.

I bet that's the reasoning. Heller said a pistol in the home is protected, a rifle in the home has not been protected by the Supreme Court.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I thought arms in common use are protected. Is that not correct?

Yep. Also US v Miller (1939) held that only arms useful for militia service were protected. Luckily Heller/McDonald expanded that to common use.

777GSOTB

Mar 23, 2014
    Yep. Also US v Miller (1939) held that only arms useful for militia service were protected. Luckily Heller/McDonald expanded that to common use.

It wasn't really an expansion of the Miller ruling, but more of a contraction of it. After all, any firearm has military utility. Think FP-45 Liberator as an example. Funny thing is, the Miller court needed evidence of that utility and the Heller court didn't need any to essentially ban short-barreled firearms and machineguns. Just think, all we needed was one brave soul to bring a Thommy Gun case up soon after Miller and most of the issues we're having today with firearm ownership wouldn't be happening.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It wasn't really an expansion of the Miller ruling, but more of a contraction of it. After all, any firearm has military utility. Think FP-45 Liberator as an example. Funny thing is, the Miller court needed evidence of that utility and the Heller court didn't need any to essentially ban short-barreled firearms and machineguns. Just think, all we needed was one brave soul to bring a Thommy Gun case up soon after Miller and most of the issues we're having today with firearm ownership wouldn't be happening.

I’m all for using the tactics you laid out.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi

If only the military decided to use Short Barrel Rifles and Machine Guns....

Man, big government loves having it both ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom