What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I also tossed their decap dies when I discovered mighty armory. Wayne makes killer decap dies.
    ^^^ this... had several type decap dies, bent, broke, dont know how many, pins / stems.

Ran into Wayne on some Fecebook reloading groups, great guy, great company, his decap die makes short work of some TAA headstamp 5.56 brass that took others out.
    His other dies are great, 223, 9mm, 45acp, 308, Sizers, seat dies, etc.
    Still kid him from time to time about a sizer for 338LM, I'd buy one in a minute.

-Rock

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Received the replacement Lee Classic Press handle and angled sleeve&mount. The orig ball handle on the right is supposed to be straight, not a 45deg bend coming off the mount.. :sad20:

The new handle is still hollow, hopefully the angles are engineered to handle the stresses because I still have a lot of 308win brass to decap..

View attachment 454834
    The ball one looks like the same handle of what's used on the lee six pack pro, but im not exactly sure if there's a beefed up variant as the six pack pro was built using the lee 50 BMG press as a base. I never had any issues of the handles bending on the lee 6pp. The other handle I have is the breech lock pro one and that looks sort of similar to the one on the left. The breech lock pro felt like it was made out a solid core. I didn't know they were hollow.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Gotcha....thanks
    Its killing me ,I bought the rifle and components and cant load for it. New brass is almost non existent.

BTW The seller was pretty upset to find out he sold me worn brass and has more than made up the difference. I knew before the deal, he didnt know the history of it. But I took a chance anyway
    That's a good thing about the seller

Search on Ammoseek for brass there is some out there, it ain't cheap, gotta pay to play..

Not a fan of Hornady brass ...but.
    There is others.

-Rock

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    ^^^ this... had several type decap dies, bent, broke, dont know how many, pins / stems.

Ran into Wayne on some Fecebook reloading groups, great guy, great company, his decap die makes short work of some TAA headstamp 5.56 brass that took others out.
    His other dies are great, 223, 9mm, 45acp, 308, Sizers, seat dies, etc.
    Still kid him from time to time about a sizer for 338LM, I'd buy one in a minute.

-Rock
    I tried to talk him into a primer flicker decap die for 20x138B. He said no. Got one of his 50bmg decappers for my buddy as a gift, though.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    That's a good thing about the seller

Search on Ammoseek for brass there is some out there, it ain't cheap, gotta pay to play..

Not a fan of Hornady brass ...but.
    There is others.

-Rock
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I dont care for Cheaper than dirt, but just ordered 100 pieces of Starline for $60.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Installed my new 6-pt Super Crown Crimp starter into my MEC grabber to start some 3” steel BB loads.

These crimp starters pay for themselves, especially on new hulls..

Attachments

• 72973230880__585B9FC0-1E35-46EE-B596-25F3A9A39695.jpeg
      72973230880__585B9FC0-1E35-46EE-B596-25F3A9A39695.jpeg
      232.3 KB · Views: 28
    • IMG_5675.png
      IMG_5675.png
      239.1 KB · Views: 28

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Druid Hill Armory has it for $35/100.
    Eff CTD.
    Thanks for the heads up. I never heard of Druid Hill Armory. I wish I would have seen their ad before I ordered from CTD. I spent an hour searching the web and they were the only place I found that had any Starline new brass in stock.
    I agree
    Eff CTD

Thanks for the heads up. I never heard of Druid Hill Armory. I wish I would have seen their ad before I ordered from CTD. I spent an hour searching the web and they were the only place I found that had any Starline new brass in stock.
    I agree
    Eff CTD
    I recently helped out @Sundazes with .45-70 brass from there as well. Their prices are great and they ship fast.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I recently helped out @Sundazes with .45-70 brass from there as well. Their prices are great and they ship fast.
    Yea, they had a deal. Like half of what other places wanted for the same brass. I bought the last 2 bags they had. Shipping was super fast. I get an email later that day that the order shipped.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I usually get once fired range brass when my brass supply is dwindling. Never had an issue other than a few cases here and there that are cracked or otherwise not usable and an issue I had for the first time ever today.

I ordered a bag of 500 nickel-plated 38 Special range brass and I processed it all today (deprime and ultrasonic clean). About 20 of the cases had live primers. I’ve never seen that in range brass. Had to check each case to make sure I wasn’t depriming a live primer. I’m hesitant to load these because I have no idea what primer (brand, regular/magnum, etc…) is in there.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Processed another 300rnd bag of Fed 7.62x51 brass for 308win. They all had to be swagged, but the Lee APP makes quick time of them.

I tried out the new Lee Classic turret handle and it made it thru 200rnd before the new sleeve split :mad:. I’ve emailed Lee to ask why I’m having so much difficulty with 308 brass with the classic..

Attachments

• IMG_5680.jpeg
      IMG_5680.jpeg
      286.4 KB · Views: 26

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    loaded 252 cast hollow points for 9mm. Should be 147 by the MP mold description but they are 155 for me. Then ran out of bullets. Just one box shown

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpeg
      IMG_2389.jpeg
      389 KB · Views: 32

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Loaded a few hundred 9mm last night (and another few hundred last week). Have been having some interesting "one shot, two holes" and keyholing issues that I think are jacket separation related... I guess it's what happens when you're buying bargain basement pulls/blems from AR. The new loads are from a different set of bullets, so I'm hopeful the problems won't reoccur at the match this morning. Wish AR would go back to selling LOS bullets again, which were pretty high quality in my experience.

ETA: no unexplained holes this morning, so I think I'm good. I'll use the problematic ammo for practice and move forward with this stuff.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Received the replacement Lee Classic Press handle and angled sleeve&mount. The orig ball handle on the right is supposed to be straight, not a 45deg bend coming off the mount.. :sad20:

The new handle is still hollow, hopefully the angles are engineered to handle the stresses because I still have a lot of 308win brass to decap..

View attachment 454834
    In-line reloading Lee roller handle. Built like a tank. Super comfortable.

Maybe I have to do more on my lee classic, but I have to of loaded at least 6 or 7k rounds by now if not closer to 10k since 2020. No issues with my less classic or other gear other than I’ve worn out one and nearly two in-line fingers for their press auto ejector. Which is expected, they are wear items and they are like $2 a pop, order several. $2 for ~3k rounds is pretty good math for the time savings.

My reloading bench mission tonight and tomorrow is to take all the things apart and pack them away. I got the keys to my rental today and I am out by next Saturday. Legally separated with divorce right around the corner! Weird to be this excited about it, but man I am stoked!

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    In-line reloading Lee roller handle. Built like a tank. Super comfortable.

Maybe I have to do more on my lee classic, but I have to of loaded at least 6 or 7k rounds by now if not closer to 10k since 2020. No issues with my less classic or other gear other than I’ve worn out one and nearly two in-line fingers for their press auto ejector. Which is expected, they are wear items and they are like $2 a pop, order several. $2 for ~3k rounds is pretty good math for the time savings.

My reloading bench mission tonight and tomorrow is to take all the things apart and pack them away. I got the keys to my rental today and I am out by next Saturday. Legally separated with divorce right around the corner! Weird to be this excited about it, but man I am stoked!
    Love my Inline Fabrications roller handle. The original ball would leave my palm sore after a few successive reloading sessions.

Did have to pull the roller itself off the handle to drip some oil in it when it started "squeeking."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom