• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigslimdog

Mar 17, 2013
    Harford Co.
    If you want it, go for it. $150 difference isn’t that big of a deal considering all of the uncertainty in today’s climate.

Sarfs1

Mar 20, 2020
    Buying

Like anything else you should buy on a dip but that only works for those who feel they have diffident supply for the immediate future

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    This is the pessimist in me, and on the negative side but.. I have to ask myself, will the price ever drop to pre-current administration, and social hysteria prices, and or will a new law ban it all together. Personally, if I see what I have on my list and its not way out of line with what I consider a reasonable, I buy.

Watching current legislation is prudent. If you think that you might someday want to have a pistol brace/whatever the totalitarians want to restrict. in your collection (when I get old my sight alignment might need stabilized) you should buy, if you have 5,0000 rounds of .556 in the safe wait.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Historical arms don't seem to be sky rocketing like modern stuff is. ACW is my target era and I recently picked up a '62-63 Barnett built Enfield Cavalry Carbine in very good condition for what I consider a reasonable price. No direct Confederate lineage but nearly all of these that were commercial contract were funneled through the South and it shows campaign wear.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    This is the pessimist in me, and on the negative side but.. I have to ask myself, will the price ever drop to pre-current administration, and social hysteria prices, and or will a new law ban it all together. Personally, if I see what I have on my list and its not way out of line with what I consider a reasonable, I buy.

Agree. Not only price but availability.
    Prices going up does not equate to overpriced

catch

Nov 21, 2012
    I want a 2021 Colt Anaconda, But it is selling for $5000.00! How that is way over priced. $150 over is nothing in this climate

oberyn

Apr 19, 2021
    Buy what you need, wait till prices/supply start to normalize. Panic buying will continue to ruin it for shooters and so many people are panic buying everything they can. People just need to calm down.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Not only are prices high(er) on firearms but often out of stock/unavailable. I've been buying reloading components when they are reasonably priced.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Not only are prices high(er) on firearms but often out of stock/unavailable. I've been buying reloading components when they are reasonably priced.

Even old used guns of yesteryears (1970 to 1980ish) are costing around 800-900 on average.

GBear

Mar 16, 2021
    Baltimore
    It’s bitter sweet. There’s an overload of 1st time gun owners, such as myself, which is not necessarily a bad thing because it can lead to awareness and support in the 2A fight. However, on the other hand, being new to the industry, we don’t have a clue what “regular “ or “normal” prices are and once you’ve been bit...it’s over. As a newcomer, once this world pulls you in it’s damn near impossible to resist. Couple that with the excitement and ignorance, and you end up overpaying without hesitation. As with everything, education and balance are the key. My DDM4 PDW should be shipping this week and I have found ZERO 300 blackout ammo, which leaves me in a position to have a firearm with no ammo, overpay for ammo, or purchase ammo of lesser quality that I’ll probably still overpay for. Like is said...bitter sweet.

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    @GBear, Yes, I hear you and feel for all those new gun owners who came in. My friend is in the exact same situation, except that he got his wife, father-in-law, and mother-in-law into the fold as well. They all bought firearms. Since all them had trouble find ammo, my friend decided that he'd get into handload/reloading not know that this situation is just as bad. Unfortunately they did not standardized on their selection which may make it hard for me him to find components.

Overall, new shooters joining is a good thing because now they're aware of the infringement on our 2nd amendment rights.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    It will be hard to predict the market going forward with the threat of gun control coming from the White house . We should see prices on firearms and ammo starting to level out as we move into the slower summer months. We are starting to see more AR15 rifles flow out at better prices than earlier in the year. All AK47 rifles still are short supply and prices are at an all time high . Hopefully we will see US company's like Palmetto State Armory increasing their production output .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom