• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Been seeing a lot of youtube spots and big yard signs in my neighborhood for this Youngkin guy. Is he our version of Bloomberg or another Romney like candidate? I could swallow just about anybody as an alternative to another term by Terry McAuliffe.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...igure-virginia-wins-aimed-flipping-state-red/

https://ballotpedia.org/Glenn_Youngkin

Seems like a Romney character. Former Carlyle guy, refused to answer any of the VCDL or NRA candidate questionnaires. I'd obviously vote for him over any Dem candidate, but he's not my first (or third) choice.

Sergio is my first choice, but he's a long shot.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Seems like a Romney character.

Um, no. He's a conservative.

Glenn is one of the smartest people I have met. He is also one of the most humble and generous.

If he hasn't spoken about certain issues, it will be because it won't benefit him in the upcoming elections. Virginia has an opportunity to run a fresh candidate against McAuliffe and to stem the litany of Democratic victories in Virginia.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia

Glenn is one of the smartest people I have met. He is also one of the most humble and generous.

If he hasn't spoken about certain issues, it will be because it won't benefit him in the upcoming elections. Virginia has an opportunity to run a fresh candidate against McAuliffe and to stem the litany of Democratic victories in Virginia.

So standing up for the Constitution of the United States publicly will hurt him politically in Virginia?

Is that your take. His Best shot is Im not a Democrat?

Not really selling me here.:cool:

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    So standing up for the Constitution of the United States publicly will hurt him politically in Virginia?

Is that your take. His Best shot is Im not a Democrat?

Not really selling me here.:cool:

Sometimes the best thing a candidate can do is keep his mouth shut and let his opponent talk him/herself into an election loss.

Wasn't the "At least I'm not Hillary" messaging effective for Trump in 2016?

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    We just need to avoid that “lesser of two evils” that continue to move conservatives to the left. I didn’t vote for Youngkin in the convention but will give him the chance to convince me he votes conservatively. fred55

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

I’m sure Romney is a smart, friendly guy too. But going to church on Sunday doesn’t make you a conservative. He won (money will do that) so I’ll vote for him, but I’m not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    We just need to avoid that “lesser of two evils” that continue to move conservatives to the left. I didn’t vote for Youngkin in the convention but will give him the chance to convince me he votes conservatively. fred55

I'm not sure what "conservative" means anymore. Lots of people in that past decade have been hijacking that label and using it on things that twenty years ago would have been considered radical rather than conservative.

Rule of Law used to be a bedrock conservative principle. Apparently not so much anymore.

sixspeedshift

Jul 6, 2020
    He feels like a more polished Trump to me. Strong business acumen, political outsider, good stances on CRT, tax/business friendliness, security/safety, without the occasional bad tweet.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    He feels like a more polished Trump to me. Strong business acumen, political outsider, good stances on CRT, tax/business friendliness, security/safety, without the occasional bad tweet.

Um? bad tweets by whom? Yeah, I will say his tweeting was a bit much.

On the other hand Dems tweet outrageous things all the time and get a pass.

If it wasn't for this pesky constitution.

Government and business should work together for censorship, so we can have unity.

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009

Well, in any event, he's our only shot as it stands. The latest realclear poll has him down only two points: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...nia_governor_youngkin_vs_mcauliffe-7373.html#!

Every youtube vid I watch via my AMZ fire stick starts with a pro-McAuliffe ad........

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    He needs to start kick ass, the Demon-Crats are already talking BS trash. One thing the Republicans need to do is use the same play book as the Demon-Crats. They all ways fall short in their message. For example why aren't the Republican's hammering the issue over schools teaching race theory and other nonsense. Bring up the record of the Demon-Crats, show where every time they take office taxes goes up, the economy tanks, gas goes through the roof, it is pretty easy to show the tax and spend attitude of the Demon-Crats. The other thing the conservatives need to do is stick together no matter what as they fracture their own party.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I've liked him the couple time we've met.

But of course that is, of course, every politician's job... to engender trust.

Wangbadan

Big Wang
    Jul 15, 2021
    I met him in a bar once. Shorter than you would think and I definitely could have won an arm wrestling contest!

-big Wang

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom