• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    The main reason why MHP's advise LEOs to contact MSP before arrest, is that under certain specific circumstances one may lawfully carry past the expiration date indicated on one's permit.

See wiki.marylandshallissue.org for details.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The main reason why MHP's advise LEOs to contact MSP before arrest, is that under certain specific circumstances one may lawfully carry past the expiration date indicated on one's permit.

See wiki.marylandshallissue.org for details.
    Why have any dates then, they should be calling in each one. Same as someone carrying ANY physical card while not permitted.

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    A section of the State Government Article, can't remember which one, but it has to do with ANY license or permit renewal, provides that if you apply for renewal two weeks before the permit expires then the permit remains valid (despite its stated expiration date) throughout the renewal process. Keep in mind that means that if the renewal is denied by MSP and you need to appeal to the HGPRB your permit may be good for a lifetime . . . :lol2:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Can anyone here really rationally explain why it takes York County, PA about twenty minutes to do what the MSP takes literally MONTHS to complete? Am I safer because of it? Are my neighbors safer? Am I less likely to become the victim of crime that involves a carry permit holder?

For the fvck of it......

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If the average resident doesn't need a carry permit for protection, we must agree on one side or the other.

Either people in PA (and DE) are in grave danger from all the legal carry, or, people in MD are in (more) danger by criminals being the only ones armed. First example would mean there should be data showing us stats of bar room shootouts and rampant roadside shootings after illegal lane changes.

Second example (MD) should be just as easy to argue, here's how: We are safer and LESS likely to be the victim of a violent crime by the fact that no one (essentially) is allowed to carry here.

Simple right?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If the average resident doesn't need a carry permit for protection, we must agree on one side or the other.

Either people in PA (and DE) are in grave danger from all the legal carry, or, people in MD are in (more) danger by criminals being the only ones armed. First example would mean there should be data showing us stats of bar room shootouts and rampant roadside shootings after illegal lane changes.

Second example (MD) should be just as easy to argue, here's how: We are safer and LESS likely to be the victim of a violent crime by the fact that no one (essentially) is allowed to carry here.

Simple right?

Hey now, you just take all that common sense somewhere else mister, we've got no use for it here....

;)

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    A section of the State Government Article, can't remember which one, but it has to do with ANY license or permit renewal, provides that if you apply for renewal two weeks before the permit expires then the permit remains valid (despite its stated expiration date) throughout the renewal process. Keep in mind that means that if the renewal is denied by MSP and you need to appeal to the HGPRB your permit may be good for a lifetime . . . :lol2:

I see what you did there.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    My wife received her renewal today. That took 71 days from receipt at MSP.

The restrictions were written in the old wording for a business owner. She contacted Sgt. Knaub and he owned up to it being a mistake on MSP's end and a corrected permit will be sent out.

Be sure to check that wording.

Last edited:

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Well, got my "in person" interview. I just don't get this system. Have to apply with all the nonsense and then they call people, just so they can meet you in person...for what, 5 minutes? And then wait some more?! Just don't get the BS....

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Well, got my "in person" interview. I just don't get this system. Have to apply with all the nonsense and then they call people, just so they can meet you in person...for what, 5 minutes? And then wait some more?! Just don't get the BS....

It gets even more exciting. Give it another 70 days or so and check back with us. :sad20:

Disgusting, I'm literally ashamed of our Government.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    One of the most frustrating parts for me, was that it took over 30 days after the investigator was done to get my paperwork to the licensing division

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    My wife received her renewal today. That took 71 days from receipt at MSP.

The restrictions were written in the old wording for a business owner. She contacted Sgt. Knaub and he owned up to it being a mistake on MSP's end and a corrected permit will be sent out.

Be sure to check that wording.

I missed the wording change...what is the different wording now?

JamesCanby

Apr 5, 2011
    Alexandria, VA

Would you hire a person simply based on reading their application or resume? Seeing and talking with someone in person prior to approval may help point out inconsistencies or solidify the appraisal that they are a solid citizen.

Don't take that to mean that I'm in favor of the current process or need for a permit. I'm a proponent of 2nd Amendment-based Constitutional Carry. If a State (e.g., MD) mandates a process, however, then I am not arbitrarily opposed to an in-person interview to validate the information on the application.

JamesCanby

Apr 5, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    They also took out the "from residence too". The new standard wording is " Valid only while conducting business as owner of xyz business. (MD only). Not valid where prohibited."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That's one of the *least* restrictive restrictions I have seen on a W&C Permit. How hard will it be to explain you are "conducting business?"

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That's one of the *least* restrictive restrictions I have seen on a W&C Permit. How hard will it be to explain you are "conducting business?"
    Probably minimum of $15k, maximum of a few hundred k,....... that's how hard, in a court of law anyway. I prefer the restrictions on my PA and FL permits, neither of which required an "interview". I'm not applying for a job, I'm asking permission for something I already have permission to do. Once I get old enough to to not give a fvck,... I'll likely stop even asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom