• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I looked at that Doug and I know one gentleman that has one in Harford but the timing and meetup before Saturday probably wont be able to be worked out so I was hoping for a long shot to see if anyone else had one.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I think the Harford County Sheriff's Department participates in the NSSF program. You can get a gun lock for free on Main St, no questions asked.

Thanks, but wrong kind of lock, Mike. These are BORE locks we are loaning, the only kind legal for purchasing a pistol in Maryland. The NSSF is giving away CABLE locks under the Project ChildSafe program, which are not satisfactory according to MSP.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Hey George, I'm in Forest Hill and have a 40 lock. Drop me a line.

Yeah I was thinking of you but was working overtime and wasn't able to try to get ahold of you to meet up before my pick up on Saturday so now I'm the proud owner of one of these MSP locks. When I get my .45 lock back from Scrovak I'll have a .40 and .45 lock to contribute.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I will be needing to borrow a 9mm lock in the next 2 weeks, hopefully, to pick up my 4/19 purchase at MSAR. Looking for a Calvert or Anne Arundel pickup one evening on my way home from work or I can meet you on the weekend someplace.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Here's the scoop ...

Thanks, but wrong kind of lock, Mike. These are BORE locks we are loaning, the only kind legal for purchasing a pistol in Maryland. The NSSF is giving away CABLE locks under the Project ChildSafe program, which are not satisfactory according to MSP.

Take the Pledge

Project ChildSafe is a nationwide program that promotes safe firearms handling and storage practices through the distribution of free, cable-style locks. We are doing our part to promote safe storage, but we need your help.

They aren't satisfactory by MSP standards, but NSSF developed and sponsors the program, and has partnered with local law enforcement agencies to distribute more than 36 million safety kits to gun owners in all 50 states and five U.S. territories. Even Baltimore County has recognized them. Free Gun Lock Program Means No Excuses for Unsecured Firearms

But, it's yet another reason why the PRofMD 'knows better' on how to better keep our children safe. :sarcasm:

Enuflogic

Rookie
    Apr 4, 2013
    Middle River
    Added to the list, 9MM internal, I think its an Omega lock, not sure. Also works on .375/.380. In the Middle River area, work in Halethorpe. I'm a construction PM so I work all around Baltimore and would be more than willing to meet somewhere to help a member out.

Mowog

Dec 1, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    Hi: If you want to borrow someones gun lock, please give the lender a few days heads up. I have been contacted and had everything arranged, only to find I was PMd when I was unavailable to check my computer when the borrower needed the lock. Some of us can't check our messages at work or other times for various reasons. I would much rather lend a barrel lock for a week or longer then get home and find out that the borrower just got a call that his handgun is ready and wants the lock right away.

Thanks, Bob

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Could use a .40 bore lock for a few days if someone has one to lend near Annapolis.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Looking for a 9mm lock by 8/24 to borrow or I'll trade for my .45 lock. Preferably in the Southern AAco area- Lothian, Deale, Edgewater or even Dunkirk. Im here frequently so a pm would be fine.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom