• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The Board members are not obligated to answer inquiries after-the-fact, and I wouldn't expect them to.

However, under well established/text book Administrative Law the Board's written appeal decision must be supported by the record before it (legal argument, documents and testimony), and the rationale must be stated. The speculative answer within the quotes in your post above would not be legally sufficient. If that's all that is provided by the Board then its final decision will be just as arbitrary as the MSP's written decision that failed to articulate any basis for "disapproving" the application.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    What is in the public eye is all that is required of them... other than what is discussed at 'closed' sessions. To think you are going to get an answer as to why they vote this way or that is absolutely foolish... and those who know them personally would be a fool to divulge any conversations had in private. Another member mentioned that they may be saving the 'good stuff' until after their confirmation... If that is the case, they are no better than any other politician... fear of making waves is only pandering to the other side. Playing 'softball' politics in Maryland gets you NOTHING... NO guts... NO glory... As I have said before... there are legal means of redress to the Board member's actions... they have yet to be confirmed by the Senate... January 13th... Have you called your Senator lately? Just remember... not all of the members are spineless(I cleaned that up... Yes P5...I 'deleted')...

yeah, I am foolish enough to think government officials should be accountable to the people.... imagine that.

and I call my senator more than I want to.

and since two of the board are , in your words, spineless should I tell my senator to try and flush them all down the toilet or just the two "traitors"?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The Board members are not obligated to answer inquiries after-the-fact, and I wouldn't expect them to.

However, under well established/text book Administrative Law the Board's written appeal decision must be supported by the record before it (legal argument, documents and testimony), and the rationale must be stated. The speculative answer within the quotes in your post above would not be legally sufficient. If that's all that is provided by the Board then its final decision will be just as arbitrary as the MSP's written decision that failed to articulate any basis for "disapproving" the application.

is this , at least, being done??

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    but what if you do not have the deep pockets of $$ to appeal???? What if you are on disability like I am then i have no equal protection at all.....:sad20:

and the state of Maryland counts on most of the peasants( you and I) not being able to even get as far as filling out the application much less funding a court case. its people control.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    but what if you do not have the deep pockets of $$ to appeal???? What if you are on disability like I am then i have no equal protection at all.....:sad20:

and the state of Maryland counts on most of the peasants( you and I) not being able to even get as far as filling out the application much less funding a court case. its people control.

I hate to break this to you, but nowhere is it written that life has to be fair. :innocent0

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I hate to break this to you, but nowhere is it written that life has to be fair. :innocent0

life has been far from fair to me but as far as I can tell the second amendment doesn't say that only a certain class of people get to keep and bear arms. that's just a maryland democrat thingy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom