• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogboy

IDPA RSO / NRA RSO
    Oct 22, 2007
    Patuxent River
    OK, I'm dense. Still not seeing the House amendments. The amendments under the senate amendments are more Senate amendments, from the floor. There is the one document that has all the JUD/HGO amendments in it, right in the middle. I guess that is what you're talking about?

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I think the problem is that anyone who pointed out how this was going to end or suggested they were going to move away from Maryland, got labeled as a "pessimist", when in reality they where simply realists. Many people severely underestimate how big a turd owe malley really is.

optimism-pessimism-realism.jpg

Agree. I said from the very very start of this that the AWB and 10 round mag limit were GOING to happen and we should really focus our efforts to specifically challenging the licensing requirement. But then everyone jumped all over me and said it's all or nothing, stop surrendering to the anti's, etc. Well here we are, AWB, 10 round limit, and licensing/fingerprinting. A lot of freaking good it all did. There was and is no f-ing way the GA was NOT going to pass this. After Newtown and after the Gov made it his priority, this was going to happen. We could send 100,000 folks to Annapolis and it would have still happened. If we had tried to work with the Dems and focus on the worst aspects of this bill we maybe could have gotten some of the provisions out of there. Sorry, I don't meen to be so negative, but that's the political reality right now in my opinion.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agree. I said from the very very start of this that the AWB and 10 round mag limit were GOING to happen and we should really focus our efforts to specifically challenging the licensing requirement. But then everyone jumped all over me and said it's all or nothing, stop surrendering to the anti's, etc. Well here we are, AWB, 10 round limit, and licensing/fingerprinting. A lot of freaking good it all did. There was and is no f-ing way the GA was NOT going to pass this. After Newtown and after the Gov made it his priority, this was going to happen. We could send 100,000 folks to Annapolis and it would have still happened. If we had tried to work with the Dems and focus on the worst aspects of this bill we maybe could have gotten some of the provisions out of there. Sorry, I don't meen to be so negative, but that's the political reality right now in my opinion.

That's probably true. Unfortunately, we had some assurances from some people that they were against particular provisions in the bill and their words turned out to be worth less than their character. What we need to do is affect elections. This is going to be hard work. We need tens of thousands of people to mobilize and work on this. This is box #2. The ballot box. We need to take back our State.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    That's probably true. Unfortunately, we had some assurances from some people that they were against particular provisions in the bill and their words turned out to be worth less than their character. What we need to do is affect elections. This is going to be hard work. We need tens of thousands of people to mobilize and work on this. This is box #2. The ballot box. We need to take back our State.

Amen to that! DINO reporting for duty sir.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    OK, I'm dense. Still not seeing the House amendments. The amendments under the senate amendments are more Senate amendments, from the floor. There is the one document that has all the JUD/HGO amendments in it, right in the middle. I guess that is what you're talking about?

I was the same way, glanced right over them. They put all of the House Amendments in one printing and one listing, it is the next item under Senate Amendments (look very carefully), right above Analysis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom