• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djay1980

May 25, 2014
    Bought a glock 30 gen3 about a month ago, didnt have the patience to wait for the shop to order a model 21 and now im really wanting the full size .45, just wondering how much i stand to lose by trading in my glock 30 for the 21?

djay1980

May 25, 2014
    yea thats probably what ill end up doing, but thought i might be able to trade even, i have 5 extra mags and only about 250 rds thru it, guess guns are like cars once it leaves the shop it loses half its value

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    yea thats probably what ill end up doing, but thought i might be able to trade even, i have 5 extra mags and only about 250 rds thru it, guess guns are like cars once it leaves the shop it loses half its value

I'm afraid you would lose more than you would want to. Keep the one you have and get the one you want.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Not quite half, guns are a FAR better investment than a car. Figure for a private sale the gun is provably worth $150ish less than the new price.

Blakeumms

May 15, 2014
    Could be worse. You couldah got a glock 37 and be treated like the red headed step child haha

Instagram-@blakeumms

GLOCK NATION!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    These are great pistols. You can say what you want about polymer frames, etc but I can put holes on top of each other at 30 feet and I've yet to have a FTF or FTE so I'm betting the BG isn't making it out of my house alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not bashing the Glock brand. I own many of them myself. However, they are cookie cutter type pistols. Like I said, if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Jim Smith

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Question for djay1980: what is it you want by switching to the Glock 21?

If you want the full frame feel of the 21, you're in luck because the 21 mags will fit the Glock 30. There is a plastic "donut" grip-piece that you can buy for about $9 which covers the bottom inch of the 21 mag. Once in place you have a "full frame" 21 grip to hold your Glock 30.

It's a great system because the Glock 30 is nicely concealable for concealed carry using the G30 mag. But when you open carry you can have 3 more rounds of .45 using the G21 mag--and who cares if it sticks out because you are open carrying, or at the range.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The 30 is a good pistol in it's own right, as a midsize it points quick, draws fast, and carries well, all with soft controllable recoil. Peirce floorplates are practically a requirement to improve the grip with stock 10rd mags, but X-grip also makes a sleeve for it to take G21 mags. The problem with trading a pistol back to the shop is that the absolute best you can hope for is about $100 less than wholesale on a new gun, or about $300, might be able to sell to someone for more, maybe $400 direct with an MSP transfer at best, less if the transfer is through a shop or you do consignment. Depending on what you paid for the 30 a G21 isn't $200 better, and a new G30 is definitely worth more than $300 unless you absolutely hate it.

Best bet is to keep it, shoot it, enjoy it, and if you want a full size, go for the G41 over the 21, instead of a mere 3/4" increase in length, you get the improved velocity, balance and sight radius 1.5" more barrel can offer with a narrower and rounded slide, and all the Gen 4 upgrades. I own a G30sf and G20sf(same size as a 21), there really isn't a huge amount of difference in feel and capability between the compact and full size, but having handled and shot a 41, that does have enough differences to set it apart, less overlap in attributes, and compliments a G30 much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom