• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I'm going down tomorrow and meet up with a friend. My list as follows.

1. .22 ammo at a reasonable price you never know.
    2. Generation 3 Pmag with window.
    3. If all else fails a cheap rifle case for my .22
    I will be gravitating towards the CZ booth to hold a P09 duty that I will never get.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Welp Im going down today. I get to 'work from home' to make up the hours. Good to have a firearms loving boss I guess.

My first gun show, cant wait :D

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just got back, did a quick walkthrough. didn't see any .223, 9mm, .40 or .45 that you couldn't get cheaper online, but there was a lot of ammo. pmags around $12, .308 pmags $20. tons of handguns and long guns but didn't price any. did price gen 3 glock 34 & 35 because I'm selling mine and they were $610-$660.

I don't understand the guys selling $20-30/box for crap 9mm and .40 and $20 - 30/normal pmags?

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I'm sure there will be some if not alot. I encountered the same issue at oaks earlier this month. Handful said no a couple said yes. This was for a m&p 15-22. Finally found a dealer with the one I wanted well below what was being offered in MD. Would have rather purchased from an IP locally but, this time I needed the hundreds i saved in my pocket.

You saved hundreds on a M&P 15-22?

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Does anyone know what time they open tomorrow?
    For the life of me I cant find it on their home page.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Does anyone know what time they open tomorrow?
    For the life of me I cant find it on their home page.

Found in on the left-hand sidebar:

Fri. 1 PM - 8 PM
    Sat. 9 AM - 5 PM
    Sun. 10 AM - 5 PM

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I'm curious; what gun(s) are you using instead of the Glocks?

short answer is I find I prefer the 17 / 22 a little better, especially in the grippier gen 4 models - quicker out of holster and seem to point better for me. long answer is I am gravitating over to STI 2011's. 100%, throw in dirt and mud reliable like Glock, nope, but the triggers and ergo's are a definite big improvement. that said, still have a glock 31 beside my bed and carry a g32.

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    short answer is I find I prefer the 17 / 22 a little better, especially in the grippier gen 4 models - quicker out of holster and seem to point better for me. long answer is I am gravitating over to STI 2011's. 100%, throw in dirt and mud reliable like Glock, nope, but the triggers and ergo's are a definite big improvement. that said, still have a glock 31 beside my bed and carry a g32.

Thanks; I'm considering CZs or xx11s myself.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Dealer with crates of mosins & SKS would not sell to Maryland!!!!-

The wife, my father and I went down today and went in 10 minutes after the doors opened. It was dad's first show so we took our time looking around and me trying to share some of my firearm and MD limited law knowledge. So ironically one gun I have never taken the time to buy was an SKS, low an behold I saw a vendor with cases of them along with at least 9 cases of mosins. After waiting patiently for our turn to root through the cases and finding 2 decent looking (one with some carvings or art) dad and I picked one each. Again we waited 15 minutes to start paperwork and to pay...... no big deal I thought as the price was pretty fair so I'm happy. Then the lady at the both asks for ID and as soon as she noticed the MD drivers license she said sorry we don't see to MD.

Man was I ticked.... I tried to explain the legalities but the guy in charge of the booth didn't have a good understanding of the new laws. I put back the P - mags and other items back and told him he just lost an easy 750.00 sale.

I was very disappointed, I guess I order one sight unseen with my C&R !

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Dealer with crates of mosins & SKS would not sell to Maryland!!!!-

The wife, my father and I went down today and went in 10 minutes after the doors opened. It was dad's first show so we took our time looking around and me trying to share some of my firearm and MD limited law knowledge. So ironically one gun I have never taken the time to buy was an SKS, low an behold I saw a vendor with cases of them along with at least 9 cases of mosins. After waiting patiently for our turn to root through the cases and finding 2 decent looking (one with some carvings or art) dad and I picked one each. Again we waited 15 minutes to start paperwork and to pay...... no big deal I thought as the price was pretty fair so I'm happy. Then the lady at the both asks for ID and as soon as she noticed the MD drivers license she said sorry we don't see to MD.

Man was I ticked.... I tried to explain the legalities but the guy in charge of the booth didn't have a good understanding of the new laws. I put back the P - mags and other items back and told him he just lost an easy 750.00 sale.

I was very disappointed, I guess I order one sight unseen with my C&R !

Sounds like Dark Sun strikes again

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    Gonna bring a few accessories to try and sell, is there any restrictions/permits I should be aware if? Gonna try and sell a new GGG Accucam QD system for an eotech, a couple of AR parts and other odds and ends...

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Sadly the guy was trying to tell me how the ATF specifically told him it was illegal! I may have been more understanding if they simply said I am unsure of the law but to act in the manner he did and to be wrong.... However like others ha e said his shop/stand his rules.

Was very disappointed not to be able to take home that gun that I was able to personally hand pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom