• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SargeTMC

Army Retired (EOD)
    May 30, 2013
    Joppa, MD
    I took the wife up to the 1000 table show today. I had a very nice time walking around with her. I bought some reloading supplies, and some other stuff. I have to say that it was the biggest show that I have attended to date. There was a nice mix of vintage and modern firearms, and a lot of tables with some serious TactiCOOL gear; none of which did I purchase (I don't find myself in need of a Fluorescent Green Zombie killing machete). There is one thing that I want to bring up that I thought was kind of strange. As my wife and I were standing in line to enter the show, a local police officer was standing at a table off to the side. I heard him say that if you had a firearm with you, to come see him. At first I thought he meant that if you had one you were selling you had to have it peace-tied. Then I heard him say ANY firearm. So I walked over and asked him if it was all firearms or just people selling at the show. He stated all firearms were to be unloaded and zip tied while at the show. So I downloaded my XDS, put the magazine in my holder, and re-holstered the gun. I asked the cop why I had to download my CCW. He said something about being private property and that's how they wanted it. Guess it's their house, their rules.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    It was a hell of a show. Biggest I have been to, took a solid 4 hours to walk both halls. Plenty of selection of all types of firearms and ammo. No real deals on ammo (except the Guatemalan 5.56 I found for 30 cents a round) but it was certainly there in quantity. I picked up a CMMG 22LR upper, 300 rounds of the 5.56 ammo, and a set of pink Magpul furniture to placate the girlfriend.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I took the wife up to the 1000 table show today. I had a very nice time walking around with her. I bought some reloading supplies, and some other stuff. I have to say that it was the biggest show that I have attended to date. There was a nice mix of vintage and modern firearms, and a lot of tables with some serious TactiCOOL gear; none of which did I purchase (I don't find myself in need of a Fluorescent Green Zombie killing machete). There is one thing that I want to bring up that I thought was kind of strange. As my wife and I were standing in line to enter the show, a local police officer was standing at a table off to the side. I heard him say that if you had a firearm with you, to come see him. At first I thought he meant that if you had one you were selling you had to have it peace-tied. Then I heard him say ANY firearm. So I walked over and asked him if it was all firearms or just people selling at the show. He stated all firearms were to be unloaded and zip tied while at the show. So I downloaded my XDS, put the magazine in my holder, and re-holstered the gun. I asked the cop why I had to download my CCW. He said something about being private property and that's how they wanted it. Guess it's their house, their rules.

This is a rule...not a law. Next time just walk on by and don't mention a word.

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    the promoter started this after an incident that happen at one of the shows. he has even ask vendors to not carry during the show. He is starting to relax a little bit as time passes.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thinking of making the pilgramage. Perhaps getting a hotel room just to escape the wife and kid for a night.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Friendly reminder to folks that parking at the last Oaks show SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED. And this one is double the size!! Get there early.

Also don't even think about parking in the shopping center lot. They post a person to specifically keep gun show attendees from parking there and they will chase you off should you try.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Friendly reminder to folks that parking at the last Oaks show SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED. And this one is double the size!! Get there early.

Also don't even think about parking in the shopping center lot. They post a person to specifically keep gun show attendees from parking there and they will chase you off should you try.

Thanks, any suggestions as to where else one can park?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom