• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    There is no question the quality of the shows is off, but I can see why a lot of dealers wouldn't be interested in dragging every hand gun they have to the shows until there are more HQL's in the market or until the HQL goes down to defeat in the courts. I already spent my wad on firearms for a little while, but I still stopped by Saturday afternoon. $8 bucks for the show of which $2 goes to the dealer/litigation fund. Wound up picking up a new range bag, 200 rounds of ammo, and a few other odds and ends, and renewed my NRA membership at $10 off the regular membership. So I didn't make a big purchase, but I still saved far more than the $6 bucks it cost to attend and supported the 2A community. I saw Lou45 and Mopar92 and they seemed reasonably busy so I didn't even get to say hello. Others seemed reasonably busy selling LG's as well. No matter what any of the aficionados say the shows still serve a purpose.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    This had to be the worst Timonium show I have ever been to. I guess it was ok if you like junk knives or people hounding you about some charity or another. What was there was overpriced. A couple people I talked to there were in agreement so it was not just me. Maybe that is just how MD guns shows are going to be now with the new laws in place.
    What a shame.

Yes, it is a shame, but the bottom line for me is that I am a consumer. It doesn't matter what the reasons are for the demise of Maryland gun shows. It is what it is. As a consumer, I will go where I get the best value for my dollar; where I feel welcome as a customer and where the businesses earn my business. When it comes to gun shows, there's a few in Maryland that I may support because of the organization that is sponsoring them but otherwise but if I'm looking for serious gun shows, I'm usually not looking at Maryland.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    There is no question the quality of the shows is off, but I can see why a lot of dealers wouldn't be interested in dragging every hand gun they have to the shows until there are more HQL's in the market or until the HQL goes down to defeat in the courts. I already spent my wad on firearms for a little while, but I still stopped by Saturday afternoon. $8 bucks for the show of which $2 goes to the dealer/litigation fund. Wound up picking up a new range bag, 200 rounds of ammo, and a few other odds and ends, and renewed my NRA membership at $10 off the regular membership. So I didn't make a big purchase, but I still saved far more than the $6 bucks it cost to attend and supported the 2A community. I saw Lou45 and Mopar92 and they seemed reasonably busy so I didn't even get to say hello. Others seemed reasonably busy selling LG's as well. No matter what any of the aficionados say the shows still serve a purpose.

A lot of Maryland dealers are 1 or 2 person operations in a small square footage building that would no doubt have to close shop to attend a show. Walk into Trop Gun Shop in PA and you will see over 30 employees with sometimes, double that of customers.

The current 2A climate here has surely made a lot more people on both sides not interested.

I haven't been to Timonium in a while. Mainly because of the many solicitors who paid to have a table. I have no interest in your penny auction, charities, town council candidacy, etc.

Jul 23, 2013
    And to clarify my earlier statement about the charity's that were there. They are good causes but when I am the only one standing there and some guy is yelling "support the veterans" at me I tend to get a little pissed off. Like I sure do support veterans but I am not giving you a penny. Who we support and how we support them is our own business and I don't need some guy yelling at me to give him money for his cause. Sorry my 2 cent rant.

Point well made! I thought it was just me but the his tone almost demands you give him money. Prior experience at Annapolis and Timonium has taught me to avoid him like the plague.

Last edited:

MDshooters

Mar 26, 2012
    Salisbury MD
    Yep.

I bought one from Clyde Armory before the "end day", not realizing what they were. It's not stamped on the lower, but the barrel.

For... what? Not sure exactly what you're asking for here.

They're not saying Colt is the only one that's allowed. They're saying Bushmaster is the only not allowed, because for some reason Bushy HBARs are EVIL.

Welcome to the People's Repubic of Maryland.:sad20:

I mean the AG needs to define what a HBAR _is_ in terms of a measurement of diameter. And I know MSP says all Hbars are allowed, but I just wanted that to come from the AG as well you know?? Would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside... :)

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Did anybody see the 2 COWGIRLS walking around with a Candidate for Governor? They had on more glitter than I have ever seen on one person (or 2 for that matter)
    I thought I was in an old John Travolta movie for a minute.

Justoutdoor

May 5, 2014
    It's not going to matter anyway because in a few years there isn't going to be any local gun shops due to online sales. No gun shop can compete with online prices that's why they are raising the cost of firearm transfers.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    It's not going to matter anyway because in a few years there isn't going to be any local gun shops due to online sales. No gun shop can compete with online prices that's why they are raising the cost of firearm transfers.

Look at it this way.

You can't buy on-line without an FFL.

So if the FFL's go away, on-line buying goes away.

This is a Catch-22 that should be worked on.

Personally, I think it's beyond ghetto to finger, fondle, and waste a dealers time when a person knows damn well they aren't going to buy from the dealer.
    Then the very same person bitches and whines about the dealer transfer fees. Oh well.

I've calculated a lot dealer vs. on-line purchases and many times you come out better just buying from the dealer to begin with. And you're helping to keep the dealer in business.

Just my .025

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Look at it this way.

You can't buy on-line without an FFL.

So if the FFL's go away, on-line buying goes away.

This is a Catch-22 that should be worked on.

Personally, I think it's beyond ghetto to finger, fondle, and waste a dealers time when a person knows damn well they aren't going to buy from the dealer.
    Then the very same person bitches and whines about the dealer transfer fees. Oh well.

I've calculated a lot dealer vs. on-line purchases and many times you come out better just buying from the dealer to begin with. And you're helping to keep the dealer in business.

Just my .025

It is worth at least $0.03 :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom