• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    Why are guns in MD so expensive? From a economic perspective is there a real reason? Is it from the distributors? Is it the overhead? Is it regulations imposed by the state? I would just like to get a answer as why the prices are sometimes 50% higher than in VA or DE. Not to mention the states down south. Just got back from TN and they were a fraction of the price for the exact same gun that is at my Lgs.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Why are guns in MD so expensive? From a economic perspective is there a real reason? Is it from the distributors? Is it the overhead? Is it regulations imposed by the state? I would just like to get a answer as why the prices are sometimes 50% higher than in VA or DE. Not to mention the states down south. Just got back from TN and they were a fraction of the price for the exact same gun that is at my Lgs.

Because maryland is not a free state, what is a constitutional right has been taken away from us.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Are you talkin' 'bout new or used??? If used, it's almost irrellivent. If new, the cost of overhead (primarily real estate) is much higher here than those other areas you make reference. If BillyJoeJimBobJohnBoy's gun shop in Podunk, Down Souf has a gun shop with let's say 2,000 square feet, he's prolly payin' $500.00 to a probable maximum of $1,000.00 rent per month with the higher amount being in a good location. The same square footage here would most likely be at least 3 to 5 times higher, plus the property tax rates here are a lot higher than in Podunk, Down Souf.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    Yes I'm taking about new, and while you might have a point about the price of rent in Podunk, I'm pretty sure prices of real estate in Alexandria are much higher than in most parts of MD.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Yes I'm taking about new, and while you might have a point about the price of rent in Podunk, I'm pretty sure prices of real estate in Alexandria are much higher than in most parts of MD.

For comparison's sake, give me an example of a new handgun such as a base model Glock 17 or Glock 22 price difference you are seeing between Alexandria and Baltimore/DC burbs in MD before any sales tax or fees added; the tagged prices of the two different locations.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    Not trying to get into a pissing match. I was offered a investment opportunity in the firearm industry. I was just doing some due diligence on this site. Sorry if anyone thought I was saying anything different.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Not trying to get into a pissing match. I was offered a investment opportunity in the firearm industry. I was just doing some due diligence on this site. Sorry if anyone thought I was saying anything different.

No pissin' match taken here, jus' tryin' to scope things out with you. Let's say a new G17 or G22 base model with two mags sticker price before any taxes, fees, etc are added to the equation; what's the going sticker price in Alexandria? and the other States you speak of??? I know what the range is in MD.

Bear in mind, I'm NOT looking for out the door price, only the tagged price for the gun minus any fees and taxes imposed by dealer or state. We need a solid base foundation in order to build this case.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Just for comparisons sake, a Windham Hbar is 679.00 plus tax in VA. In So Md they are well over a grand.

That is not a specific model of Windham. Let's stick with the new Glock gen 3's in base models 17 & 22. That'll be a good foundation for an example. I choose Glock to establish this basis of point due to Glock's wholesale dealer price structure. There's good reason for my choosing of Glock for this example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom