• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    OK, help me to understand where things stand.

Is my memory correct that to rent a handgun at a MD range you will need a HQL?

To get an HQL you now need live fire training?

With what? If you are a newbie, how are you going to do that?

As I recall, you cannot even loan a handgun to a friend because that is an illegal transfer?

Is this one of those problems where you can't do A until doing B, but you can't do B until you have done A?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    For further interpretation of the LFT rule ...

As I recall, you cannot even loan a handgun to a friend because that is an illegal transfer?

Is this one of those problems where you can't do A until doing B, but you can't do B until you have done A?

Read this book ...

Catch 22 :innocent0

Mr H

Banana'd

no... 'rent' includes taking the firearm off-premises, so an on-site rental is OK

yes, unless exempt by statute

gooooooood question... too bad it was totally ignored by the committee today

no issues there (to the chagrin of MSP)

It blows huge slimy chunks... but today was 'productive'....

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    After having read through the complete thread I wanted to take a moment to thank each and every person who was able to attend the hearing today. Your presence continues to let the Progressives who want nothing more than to see all firearms made illegal understand that we will not go away. Nobody should be surprised by the outcome today. The majority of Maryland politicians are clearly off the left end.

However, as I have read from a couple of posts, there were specific questions asked by our side, and the answers to those will likely be heard again in a court room in the future. This is far from over.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    ShoreShooter

-----No. Rent is offsite.

-----Unless you have a regulated firearm or otherwise can opt out of training.

-----Training class

-----Wrong. Bona fide loan ok.

-----No

a1Fitz

Jul 6, 2013
    Brentwood, md
    Thanks to everyone that was able to attend today. It gives me hope that if we continue to fight for our rights someone some day will give them back!

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    The "regulated firearm" language is, in a way, self-contradictury.

Something that occurred to me (and I'll need to re-read to be sure of this), is that I don't recall the "live fire" to actually be from a handgun!

Interesting angle. Fired a live round from a cap gun. Infringement, um I mean requirement, met :)

I will donate $50 towards the cost of a HQL training class to the first person who delivers a quadriplegic, or a person with no arms to a HQL training class. Maryland is asking for a major ADA lawsuit if they cannot pass the live-fire requirement.

Nice! Tried to make the point in my verbal testimony that this live fire component seriously impacting those not financially or physically able accommodate the infringement...wish I had come up with a good example.

Is it me...or are they confused as to what the hell they are doing...!! WTF!

Seemed to be. There was some confusion about if an amendment was possible at all.

So the state police can just write laws and it flies? Eff this state!!

So we learned today that MSP can make shit up relative to their understanding of laws passed by the legislature. May god help us all.

Seems that way to me. The point was made that law writing was being done by MSP, and should be done by legislators.

Did anyone other than VinnyD come out today in support of this crap??

I think 4 others in total, is memory serves. Maybe 5...

Besides donations how would you suggest those of us who aren't in the know assist?

Register to vote, and get others registered. Spread the word. We must vote some of these folks out!

Great point.

In addition to Collins, I talked briefly with Erin Cox today, and thanked her for willingness to listen to our side.

(FTR... WRC NBC4 didn't even know anything was going on until WBAL let them know)

Will be interested to see what Erin's story is this time. Save the recent editorial piece by Sky, I recall prior stories from the baltimore sun being pretty one-sided against guns.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks guys.

But it remains true, does it not, that as of now there is NO approved training program, trainers, or training facilities?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    After having read through the complete thread I wanted to take a moment to thank each and every person who was able to attend the hearing today. Your presence continues to let the Progressives who want nothing more than to see all firearms made illegal understand that we will not go away. Nobody should be surprised by the outcome today. The majority of Maryland politicians are clearly off the left end.

However, as I have read from a couple of posts, there were specific questions asked by our side, and the answers to those will likely be heard again in a court room in the future. This is far from over.

Very far from over! The court cases will put an end to some of this nonsense. Some will be handled by voting people (legislators, state officials, etc.) off the island :)

Mr H

Banana'd
    Very far from over! The court cases will put an end to some of this nonsense. Some will be handled by voting people (legislators, state officials, etc.) off the island :)

I'll not go into any detail here (since it's just my own perception)...

There were several things that came out today during the hearing that will make for some interesting problems for the Administration.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    What's really hard to accept is when I imagine any other bloc of individuals taking the time to go and try in earnest to redress their government and representatives only to be disrespected and disregarded the way the law abiding firearms community is. I really feel for all the folks that have been standing up for a long time for our rights and had to face this level of utter contempt. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom