• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    They don't care if you hold CCW permits in 47 other states and Puerto Rico. The business currency, THAT will get you a permit.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'm the President of my corporation, dealing primarily with cash transactions.

Do you guys think that would qualify for G&S?

Former military, current FL CCW holder, clean background, ect...

That makes you a business owner, so yes. You need the papers of incorporation showing such and the rest of the stuff like bank letters showing active accounts.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    ok, I just got the phone call for the personal interview with MSP and scheduled for thursday. Anything I need to know to help get though??????

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Mine is over FOUR months, still waiting. I called a couple times but was transferred to the answer machine and of course NEVER heard from them. WTF

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Renewal or initial application?

If you think they give a flying fvck, you're sadly mistaken.

My FL permit was exactly 30 days MAILBOX TO MAILBOX!

No BS, no exaggeration.

My FL, VA, UT, and AZ permits were all between 30-45 days, MD was 92 days as a business owner. As a Corrections officer years ago my MD handgun permit was a little over 10 days.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Mailed in my application on Jan 25th. Got a call about a week later to set up an interview which happened on the 10th of February. Everything went well. The investigator said that it would take at least 6-8 weeks or more. She wasn't lying, still waiting.....

My other permits I received in under 60 days except Maine which I mailed in mid January and just got in the mail today.

Arizona took 17 days mailbox to mailbox. I was in shock.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Mailed in my application on Jan 25th. Got a call about a week later to set up an interview which happened on the 10th of February. Everything went well. The investigator said that it would take at least 6-8 weeks or more. She wasn't lying, still waiting.....

My other permits I received in under 60 days except Maine which I mailed in mid January and just got in the mail today.

Arizona took 17 days mailbox to mailbox. I was in shock.

You have an Arkansas permit? Or did you mean Arizona (AZ)?

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    2 months into it, I just had my interview. She claims that now, 2 more people will review the paperwork and should be done in 3 weeks. (They are trying to keep 90 day time frame)

She wanted to know why I wanted a permit, when and how much I was carrying money. With the latest shootings taking place, She asked many questions about mental stability, like anger issues, domestic issues, drug, alcohol, etc.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    2 months into it, I just had my interview. She claims that now, 2 more people will review the paperwork and should be done in 3 weeks. (They are trying to keep 90 day time frame)

She wanted to know why I wanted a permit, when and how much I was carrying money. With the latest shootings taking place, She asked many questions about mental stability, like anger issues, domestic issues, drug, alcohol, etc.

They have always asked those (bolded above) questions. You should have it within 30 days. :thumbsup:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Same questions in my interview, along with the same timeline given. Who was your investigator?

bwceng11

MDS Supporter
    Nov 26, 2012
    Towson
    I appreciate the idea, and, did this very thing myself back in around 2001 or so (not knowing about MSI, this site, or anything else about MD gun law for that matter).

You will be denied, they will deny you till the end including any appeals you may have. They will look at you like you are a fvcking idiot for even trying, more than likely being condescending and rude throughout.

I have since gotten a permit, based on bank transactions, being business owner and having rental properties. The allure has worn off, even WITH the permit I'm hesitant to carry a lot of times based on where I am going to before or have to go after I am engaging in business transactions.

The system is screwed up, for some reason still a mystery to me they are looking to make it extremely difficult for law abiding citizens to lawfully own, possess and/or carry firearms.

In other words: Tyranny, Oppression, Dictatorship, Totalitarianism

What else is there to say?

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Same here, nothing but good things to say about her from me. She did say I could only carry what I qualified with which is incorrect. If all fairness she said she would double check that and left me know.

She asked me which firearm I would be likely carrying, I told her, but I also told her, that I may be purchasing something smaller to carry in the summertime. She seemed ok about it.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    She asked me which firearm I would be likely carrying, I told her, but I also told her, that I may be purchasing something smaller to carry in the summertime. She seemed ok about it.

They must be asking which firearm for some statistical purpose as there is nothing in the law about carrying any specific firearm. I told them a semi auto or revolver :sarcasm: I was then asked for models and when I stated a Glock 26 or Ruger SP101 the Trooper responded "but they are both semi-autos" I said "No actually they are not, the Ruger is a revolver". In any event I carry whatever I want so I can see no real reason for the question.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    When I took my 16 hour training 2 months ago the certification form had been filled in to state what caliber (.45 ACP) I had qualified on? Apparently they (rightfully or wrongfully) are starting to keep track of that? The instructor said because I qualified on .45 I was good for anything below that. NO, I don't know the answer to the ensuing questions! :lol2:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    They've been asking this for quite a while now, year and a half or better. Long before there was any "qualification" to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom