• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr_Bojenkals

Mar 30, 2018
    Severn, MD
    So I picked up this G17 Gen1 on an impulse today at my LGS. Dated it back to April '87, came with two "U" shaped mags, no box or manual, and seemed in overall pretty decent shape. I paid 350 plus tax. I'm not looking to shoot it much, more of a nice piece of collector history for me...how did I do on this one? Does that look like original finish on the slide? It was consignment, so the store didn't have much info on it. Anything you could tell me about it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• G17 Gen1 Main.jpg
      G17 Gen1 Main.jpg
      89 KB · Views: 632
    • G17 Gen1 Open Slide.jpg
      G17 Gen1 Open Slide.jpg
      68.8 KB · Views: 605
    • G17 Gen1 Side.jpg
      G17 Gen1 Side.jpg
      89.7 KB · Views: 628

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Bummer no Tupperware container but I’d have jumped all over that for the price. Excellent buy!

Looks to have very little wear on it!

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    For a Gen 1 that's a great price...without seeing it in person I'm not sure if that's original finish...every Gen 1 I've seen has lots of wear....was is used do you think?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'm not a Glock guy (full disclosure...I do own a Glock Model 30)...but 1st gen Model 17 Glocks seem to be getting promoted as a collectible. Whether it's justified is up to the buyer or whether someone who owns some early examples is starting a contrived collectible for profit. Still...I don't think you do bad. A quality 9mm for $350 seems a good deal.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Great price. Those mags go for a good bit in MA if you wanted to offset some of the cost. You should hold on to them though.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    If your in MD, your FFL broke the law. Other then that the magazines are worth $75-100 up North. The pistol is worth $600 ish, depending "if" or what upgrades have been done (gold, black or silver internals).

Go over to Glocktalk an read around.
    https://www.glocktalk.com/forum/glock-collectors-club.208/

The FFl didn't "break the law"..if he provided an external lock with it....and that's what the tag attched to the gun says....lets not start that kind of stuff, who is that helping.....I have a Gen 1 Glock I bought a few years ago...did my FFL "break the law" too??

And if your referring to the mags....he may be exempted, I ask questions before making statements like that.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Yeah it's worth more than you paid, especially if that finish is original. Congrats!

Reminds me I still need to add a Gen 5 to my collection. I was never a fan of the finger grooves and glad they moved away from them.

The FFl didn't "break the law"..if he provided an external lock with it....and that's what the tag attched to the gun says....lets not start that kind of stuff, who is that helping.....I have a Gen 1 Glock I bought a few years ago...did my FFL "break the law" too??

And if your referring to the mags....he may be exempted, I ask questions before making statements like that.

Deleted.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

And if your referring to the mags....he may be exempted, lets ask questions before making statements like that.

The magazines if sold in Maryland (or offered for sale in MD) would be breaking the F'ing law. It's not a Blue Label Glock.

ASSHAT:D

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Great price. I’d be happy to score one for that. I too prefer the non finger groove Glocks. I just grabbed a gen2 17 for the same price you paid for yours and I love it.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I was wondering that too...possibly refinished? Or not fired much? Looks really good for a gun that old...either way a very good buy.

Mr_Bojenkals

Mar 30, 2018
    Severn, MD
    For a Gen 1 that's a great price...without seeing it in person I'm not sure if that's original finish...every Gen 1 I've seen has lots of wear....was is used do you think?

Yeah, its definitely used. As soon as I get it home I'll post more pics of the slide and finish. All the number match, with no indicator that it's been back to Glock yet based off my research. I may just send the slide out to Glock so I know for sure the last time it was refinished if ever, was by Glock...

Mr_Bojenkals

Mar 30, 2018
    Severn, MD
    Great price. I’d be happy to score one for that. I too prefer the non finger groove Glocks. I just grabbed a gen2 17 for the same price you paid for yours and I love it.

Nice, congrats! I am currently on the hunt for a Gen2 17 as well. Today I'm going to pick up my Gen2 19 I got transferred into Tyler Firearms last week, I'll post some pics. BTW, those guys are GREAT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom