• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    PSA , Check for ticks :( . Just got home from the walk in clinic guess who has Lyme disease FML .

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Stands remain. I was just out in the shop, it was like the Amityville horror with flies. Alot of ditch digging going on in the fields it's CGI. Cant get in. This could be the year that when at the end of the season comes, the last course of extra block that was run may pay big dividends for the homesteaders.

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    I had an ex who got Lyme disease a few years back. She didn't notice it right away and spent about a year learning how to walk again.

After that I sent all my outdoor / hunting clothes to get treated with Permethrin. It costs about $10 a piece for the commercial treatment but it lasts about 5 years and literally repels or kills everything.

No problem with mosquitoes, ticks, black and green flies.

If I have a treated shirt and hat I have almost no bugs approach my face. The same with wearing a long sleeve shirt I have almost no bugs on my hands.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    I had an ex who got Lyme disease a few years back. She didn't notice it right away and spent about a year learning how to walk again.

After that I sent all my outdoor / hunting clothes to get treated with Permethrin. It costs about $10 a piece for the commercial treatment but it lasts about 5 years and literally repels or kills everything.

No problem with mosquitoes, ticks, black and green flies.

If I have a treated shirt and hat I have almost no bugs approach my face. The same with wearing a long sleeve shirt I have almost no bugs on my hands.

Where can you get the commercial treatment?

fotografiti

Apr 22, 2017
    Eastern shore
    I soak all my outdoor gear in permethrin and let it air dry, good for about 6-7 cycles in the laundry before doing it again. Works well i think. Before that I used to get covered in ticks down blackwater way.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    You can also hose down your yard with permethrin or bifenthrine. Permethrine is more effective, but fades faster. Ortho yard spray stuff you stick to your hose is bifenthrine.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Only until recent years have I begun to be bothered about ticks. Now I probably average about one or two bitings to where they have actually manage to grab hold. I never took any serious steps to to treat clothing on a yearly or habitual basis. Usually sweat from getting back in or getting caught in the rain at least in my mind was able to render any treatment I had done to useless. Older wiser though

What I'm talking about is mosquitoes, I haven't seen them like this in quite a number of years. I seen them bad around Henry's and Griffith Neck from anywhere to a good shot in the face with some spray would keep them away to where you actually had to wear rain gear to get a break. Golden Hill same thing to where you could see about ten or twenty lay on a gloved hand late in into October and take it for a little while, but this year WOW!

I went in below Quantico the other day and you could literally have your face covered in seconds. Did see a nice buck though 8 clearly defined points but I bet I was able to run out faster than he could.
    Absolutely hellish. Somebody is going to have to start selling t-shirts again like the Hoopers Is. air force ones.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Only until recent years have I begun to be bothered about ticks. Now I probably average about one or two bitings to where they have actually manage to grab hold. I never took any serious steps to to treat clothing on a yearly or habitual basis. Usually sweat from getting back in or getting caught in the rain at least in my mind was able to render any treatment I had done to useless. Older wiser though

What I'm talking about is mosquitoes, I haven't seen them like this in quite a number of years. I seen them bad around Henry's and Griffith Neck from anywhere to a good shot in the face with some spray would keep them away to where you actually had to wear rain gear to get a break. Golden Hill same thing to where you could see about ten or twenty lay on a gloved hand late in into October and take it for a little while, but this year WOW!

I went in below Quantico the other day and you could literally have your face covered in seconds. Did see a nice buck though 8 clearly defined points but I bet I was able to run out faster than he could.
    Absolutely hellish. Somebody is going to have to start selling t-shirts again like the Hoopers Is. air force ones.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Lowes has these also...

Anyone treat their yard w a spray, less Walmart type and more DIY prograde?

I have this fogger and have used it in the past all over my yard. Be careful though and you may want to let the neighbors know what you are doing; because the fog that settles all around your house looks like smoke and they WILL call the fire department on you (for you). Been there... it was done for me... :sad20:

This sucker puts a nice blanket of atomized insecticide (smoke) all over your yard, deck, etc... really wipes out all insects for the evening :thumbsup:

54ydso.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Flag-190095-Repelling-Mosquitoes/dp/B0001AUFAO

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Recently down at Fort Whaley for a week and they were bad. Soon as we got out of the truck, they were on us until bug spray was introduced and bug lamps lit.
    Just looking at the flowtron electric bug zapper and it looks pretty good.

OLSKOL59

Jun 24, 2018
    Going to Cherrystone next wk,need to pick up a new BITE ME decal on the way. Thanks for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom