• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UPSguy

WWII enthusiast
    Dec 31, 2020
    Carroll co
    Appreciate the solid work done from this company to recreate something really uncommon and cool, but $1800… really?

Aren’t these the guys making the Browning automatic rifle replica too?

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Appreciate the solid work done from this company to recreate something really uncommon and cool, but $1800… really?

Besides a full auto WWII take home costing over $30K, the only other StG44 that has been available, that I know of, was a limited run of semi auto versions that were imported by Sport-System Dittrich (SSD) from Germany around 2012. These cost approximately $5K new and if you can find one, they typically sale for over $10K today. The SSD versions were also only available in the original caliber, 7.92 x 33mm Kurz.

The only 1918 BAR that I know of being currently made is from Ohio Ordnance Works. If there is another, please let me know.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

If they only charged $1800 they were going to lose a bunch of money.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I have kind of lost track of this but the last court entry seems to imply they might has settled the case. Any lawyers have any insight here?

Attachments

• gov.uscourts.gand.277847.123.0.pdf
      151.2 KB · Views: 85

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    This video has Mac from Hill and Mac Gunworks verifying that the PSA gun is the same gun from HMG. As a bonus, he is claiming the preorders will be honored! I ordered two of these over five years ago and am still waiting.

Cross your fingers folks...

Last edited:

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    This video has Mac from Hill and Mac Gunworks verifying that the PSA gun is the same gun from HMG. As a bonus, he is claiming the preorders will be honored! I ordered two of these over five years ago and am still waiting.

Cross your fingers folks...

I took a moment to skim this thread.
    Bless your heart...

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    So PSA is taking over the manufacture? Or just buying from H&M?
    I have no inside knowledge but from what I have gathered is that HMG will either produce the preordered guns and PSA will make the rest, or PSA will make them all and just mark the preordered guns with HMG logos, I am not sure. Either way, PSA will be making all the new guns in house from here on out.

The whole delay problem was HMG was not a big enough outfit to produce the number of guns that got preordered. HMG subcontracted out the manufacture of the firearms to a third party machine shop that immediately screwed them over. That lawsuit was settled last May. HMG has built a few firearms (CETME L/LC) from parts kits from time to time, but PSA is becoming a world class firearms manufacturer. I have no doubt that PSA will be the actual maker.

Last edited:

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I took a moment to skim this thread.
    Bless your heart...
    LOL, I have to assume your sympathy is sincere. I went through this same thing with Ares Defense, now Fightlite, with the Shrike (MCR) belt fed AR15 upper. It took 13 years to get mine, but it finally did happen. I also waited two years for a shotgun to go on sale to save one hundred dollars before I would buy it. I can be stubborn to a fault sometimes.

I know that others have not been so lucky with various other companies. The main reason that I have continued to keep my faith in HMG is that their main business was not building the StG44. Their main cash cow was making steel targets. My thought process was that as long as HMG stayed in business (making targets), there was always a chance the rifle would get made, eventually.

I also throw a quarter in every freaking well I come across and made a wish it would all work out. LOL

Last edited:

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I know that these guys are asking Mac honest questions and this is likely the first they have seen the HMG StG44, but I have been invested in this for so long that I have some genuinely in-depth things that I would like to know!

Last edited:

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    That abomination is no more an "STG44 reproduction" than this is an STG45 reproduction:

And the big ol' eagle and the word "BATTLEFIELD" emblazoned on the side really adds to the authenticity!!!!

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    That abomination is no more an "STG44 reproduction" than this is an STG45 reproduction:

And the big ol' eagle and the word "BATTLEFIELD" emblazoned on the side really adds to the authenticity!!!!

I can't afford a Stoner 63, but I love my Robinson M96 just fine. It is plenty close for me. When I did finally decide that the M96 was in fact close enough, it cost me three times what it would have cost if I had just bought one new.

Last edited:

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Be aware, you WILL be a beta tester. This was true of the BD 44 too but at least in that case, you could replace parts with original, Quality bits. With this thing, you're dealing with proprietary parts at the whim of the manufacturer, EXACTLY as you were with the M96. That didn't work out too well did it?

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Be aware, you WILL be a beta tester. This was true of the BD 44 too but at least in that case, you could replace parts with original, Quality bits. With this thing, you're dealing with proprietary parts at the whim of the manufacturer, EXACTLY as you were with the M96. That didn't work out too well did it?
    I know that you know this probably better than most. I have my guns I shoot a lot, and I have my guns that I just want.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    It is true that I have my M96, not to shoot, but just for collecting. If parts were available though, I would shoot it.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    It is true that I have my M96, not to shoot, but just for collecting. If parts were available though, I would shoot it.
    Well, sure. Me too. That is the way of the world. And yet you still own a M96. Just like I do.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I WAS interested in one, but if Combloc is saying they are proprietary I don't think I want one. Proprietary parts a not a good thing.

It appears they are missing the dust cover too. That's one of the few reasons I wanted a STG44.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I WAS interested in one, but if Combloc is saying they are proprietary I don't think I want one. Proprietary parts a not a good thing.

It appears they are missing the dust cover too. That's one of the few reasons I wanted a STG44.
    I don't have a dog in the fight if anyone but me wants to buy one. Just so you know, the lower uses a drop in trigger pack from a HK 91, 93, 94/MP5, etc. This was done to streamline the ATF approval process. This also means the Franklin Armory Binary HK trigger pack drops right in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom