• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The Southern Lancaster County Farmer Sportsmen's Association is a gun fishing and conservation club, their range is located just west of Quarryville PA, will have some membership openings available after the first of the year.

The club reached its membership cap several years ago and has only been taking on new members as old members drop their membership. They have announced there will be some spaces available as of January 1, 2016 and will be taking in new members on a first come first served basis starting January 17 at the range (must pick up the paperwork and attend a range orientation that day). If all the slots are not filled they will repeat the procedure once a month until the cap is reached.

Here is a link to the membership page which has all the details and contact numbers:
    http://www.slcfsa.com/information/membership/

It is a good club with excellent facilities (multiple ranges for rifle, pistol, shotgun, archery, muzzle loading out to 300 yds.) and an active programs. The Club Home Page is:
    http://www.slcfsa.com/

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    I was going to last year buthings got in the way. I'd be there this Jan 17 but that is my second'sdue date. Probably can't get away from that one.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I was going to last year buthings got in the way. I'd be there this Jan 17 but that is my second'sdue date. Probably can't get away from that one.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

Keep an eye on the membership page on the web site (linked in the OP). The plan is to offer range orientation and sign ups once a month until the cap is reached so if it doesn't fill in January maybe you can make it in February.

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    Jesus christ, I am not going to be in town that day, been looking for a ****ing range to do load development for at least 3 years now.

Fort Meade blows, elk neck is a insane, new Holland isn't accepting new members

I am sure that the remaining spots will be filled with the same jagoff's that may use the range once a year.

Love hearing how empty the place always is. I guess I'll just continue to have burn a day of leave or deal with the hoards at elk neck on the weekend

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I belong. Have for three years. Great club.

They have multiple rifle and pistol ranges. Longest rifle is 300 I believe. There was talk of adding a 500. But not sure if that happened

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I am sure that the remaining spots will be filled with the same jagoff's that may use the range once a year.

Don't laugh. These are the guys that pay the bills, same as the local gyms. If every member showed up all the time they'd have hit their max capacity a long time ago. Or they'd have to charge more to keep the place maintained.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I belong to a club in PA and I am that jag'hoff who went there twice this past year.
    jerk-n-off.gif

There are lots of PA private clubs over the Harford and Cecil County line, some require membership work hours and some dont

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    Oh please... they could double membership and still only be at 20 percent capacity 50 weeks a year.

With such a membership bases they could actually better maintain or gasp... expand.

Growing the sport is not a bad thing.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    They're not paid to run the club or to generate a profit. They're volunteers.

You can always join one of the AGC-affiliated clubs.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    SLCFSA was a great range. I didn't renew last year since I rarely went and they upped their dues do to all the range expansions they did. Felt like they were trying to force people out. And for them saying that they were "at capacity" is BS, every time I went up there you could get an entire range to yourself.

Joined Delta-Peach Bottom last year in its place, needless to say didn't renew that membership either. Never went in the past year, partially because you can't shoot during hunting season since they allow hunters on the grounds behind the range area, what a bunch of BS.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I always send in my dues, even if I don't make it to the club as often as I like. It's still way cheaper than any indoor range I've ever been to (PA and MD) as a non-member. Haven't seen an indoor range with less than a $50 yearly membership neither. I'm sure there are a lot of people that like indoor, but they generally (what I noticed) have a lot more "Can't's" and "Not allowed."

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    I always send in my dues, even if I don't make it to the club as often as I like. It's still way cheaper than any indoor range I've ever been to (PA and MD) as a non-member. Haven't seen an indoor range with less than a $50 yearly membership neither. I'm sure there are a lot of people that like indoor, but they generally (what I noticed) have a lot more "Can't's" and "Not allowed."

Biggest problem w/ indoor ranges are the ammo restrictions and range prices. Freedom Armory in PA charges you to be a member as well as range time per half hour with no guests, unless you pay more a year for guest privileges and get a discount on range time, or pay $300 a year for an individual with no time fees. Outdoor ranges are def. the way to go.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Been there many times with my stepfather. It's a fantastic outdoor range and last I was there rifle went to 300. They also typically have a nice little fun show here each year.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Biggest problem w/ indoor ranges are the ammo restrictions and range prices. Freedom Armory in PA charges you to be a member as well as range time per half hour with no guests, unless you pay more a year for guest privileges and get a discount on range time, or pay $300 a year for an individual with no time fees. Outdoor ranges are def. the way to go.

Indoor ranges and their politically correct targets. I doubt you can walk in most of them with photo realistic "bad guy" targets.

Most of the rural PA clubs are pretty lax on rules. Rifle range is pretty self explanatory, most people are benched or prone. Handgun ranges a lot people enjoy freedom of movement and holster training, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Been a member since 09. Great range and lately I've been one of those jagoffs that go once a year. My money ahole so stuff it. Besides, you can go to a meeting during the Fall months and sign up.

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    Lol. It is your money, and if you're really not into shooting that's cool.

It's somewhat ironic that you mention refreshing the liberty tree but only get out once a year, that sounds about right.

I guess you plan on using Arby's suace to refresh that tree.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Huh? For me, my friend has his own 100 yard backyard range/pistol range. I also have a few farmer friends, and a family farm in WV that I go to often.

I personally pay my dues to support a local PA club and have even another place to shoot.

I don't understand you are so hot and bothered about? I'm required to go there more if I belong? The club I'm a member at hasn't capped off membership

There are lots of PA clubs past the Harford/Cecil line that will take your money and give you a membership card

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    There are lots of PA clubs past the Harford/Cecil line that will take your money and give you a membership card

As they should. Atglen has a fixed membership (1500 I think) and,... good for them, that's a real selling point for some folks. Most people don't want to deal with the yahoos at Elk Neck, making it full yearly "pay to play" or making people have some skin in the game is ideal for most shooters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom